Michigan went on an absolute recruiting tear through the month of June as the 2016 class picked up 14 new commitments. As for July? Not too much. However, August has kicked off in style as the coaches landed their 22nd addition to the class in Riverdale (MD) CB Sir Patrick Scott.
Scott not only has, arguably the best name in the class and in program history, but also happens to be a great fit in Durkin’s defense. He is a big, long corner that has the perfect build and length to play corner. Add in his mentality and he has the chance to be a very good player for the Wolverines throughout his career.
As for his recruitment, Scott quickly became a top candidate to commit after landing his offer from the staff last month even though most believed he was destined for Wake Forest. There were questions on whether or not he was a “take” for the staff because of the low number of spots available but clearly he impressed the staff and, like predicted on Friday, joined the class.
- Height: 6’1”
- Weight: 175lbs
- Notable Offers: Michigan State, Arizona, Wake Forest, Cal, Wisconsin
- Rankings: Scout (3*, #57 CB) – Rivals (3*) – 247 (3*, #59 CB) – ESPN (3*) – MGoFish (3*)
As for the Rest of the Class: Scott is the 22nd member of the class and 3rd cornerback. With him on board, Michigan is still heavily recruiting Penn State commit CB Lavert Hill and CB Lamar Jackson. Both who will likely be takes no matter what, especially with Benjimin St-Juste possibly reclassifying to 2017.
- Happy 10 Year Anniversary, Me - May 25, 2021
- New Michigan Man: DT Jordan Whittley Transfers to Michigan - May 21, 2021
- Coming to Crisler: G Devante Jones Transfers to Michigan - May 1, 2021