After Jaylen Brown chose Cal over Michigan, a lot rivals and fans alike started coming out of the wood works to say that John Beilein just can’t land the big fish recruits. But that idea didn’t last long as the Michigan head coach landed the commitment of one of the top players in the 2016 class, Tyus Battle.
Battle is one of the smoothest, pure scorers in the class is a perfect fit for Beilein’s offense. He has the length, size and skill to hit shots from behind the paint and finish at the rim that should be highlighted in the Wolverine offense. If he continues to grow as a player, Michigan fans should expect very big things.
In terms of his recruitment, it was a surprise to see him quickly pull the trigger for the Maize and Blue. He was seen as a heavy Duke lean by most analysts but by the time he and his family left Ann Arbor after their official visit, he saw that Michigan was the place for him.
- Height: 6’6”
- Weight: 205lbs
- Notable Offers: Duke, UConn, Ohio State, Indiana, Syracuse
- Rankings: Scout (5*, #10 overal) – Rivals (5*, #14 overall) – 247 (5*, #12 overall) – ESPN (5*, #14 overall)
As for the Rest of the Class: Battle is the 3rd member of the 2016 class, at the moment. With Austin Davis likely to go to prep school for a year and join the 2017 class, it will open up a spot for the staff to go after a point/combo guard. Some of the top targets include Josh Langford and Cassius Winston.
- Happy 10 Year Anniversary, Me - May 25, 2021
- New Michigan Man: DT Jordan Whittley Transfers to Michigan - May 21, 2021
- Coming to Crisler: G Devante Jones Transfers to Michigan - May 1, 2021