After watching the 2014-15 Michigan basketball team, everyone knew the front court was the biggest issue moving forward for Coach Beilein. And he has started to clear that up as he’s picked up his 2nd center in the 2016 class as Onsted (MI) big man Austin Davis has committed to Michigan.
Davis is an old school, blue collar big man that has the size and length to be a good rebounder and paint presence at the next level. While he’s not the most explosive or dominant big man out there, he does the little stuff that wins games like getting boards on both ends of the court, finishing inside and playing solid defense.
As for his recruitment, his commitment was a complete shock to most. He landed his offer from the staff and committed within the hour after talking to his parents. While the chance to play for a great coach and program was a big part of it, it went quickly because he and his are lifelong Wolverines fans and he couldn’t turn down the chance to don the Maize and Blue .
- Height: 6’10”
- Weight: 240lbs
- Notable Offers: Central Michigan, Buffalo, Toledo, Kent State
- Rankings: Scout (Unranked) – Rivals (3*) – 247 (Unranked) – ESPN (3*, #27 PF)
As for the Rest of the Class: Davis is the 2nd commitment of the 2016 class and 2nd center. The class looks to take 3 signees and the staff is very high on multiple scoring guards, including Tyus Battle, Joshua Langford and Cassius Winston.
- 2020-21 Michigan Basketball vs Wisconsin - Jan 12, 2021
- 2020-21 Minnesota vs Michigan Basketball: Highlights - Jan 6, 2021
- 2020-21 Northwestern vs Michigan Basketball: Highlights - Jan 5, 2021