With a big weekend for recruits, I have come up with my BGRC. Some moves are a big hope but with how Michigan has been going so far this year, anyone that comes to Ann Arbor has a chance to end up in this class.
QB: 3* Austin Appleby, 6\’5\’\’ 225lbs. North Canton, OH. (Hoover HS)
– Not yet offered, but should be after his camp at Michigan. Has the prototypical size for a QB, and the athletic ability any coach would love. Appleby highlights.
RB: 5* Brionte Dunn, 6\’1\’\’ 215lbs. Canton, OH. (GlenOak HS)
– Offered and is a OSU recruit, but with all the problems, there is a great chance that after they get hit with a ton of penalties, he will decommit. Plus his cousin (2013 RB Dymonte Thomas) is said to have Michigan as his leader right now. Dunn highlights.
WR: 4* Dwayne Stanford, 6\’4\’\’ 195lbs. Cincinnati, OH. (Taft HS)
– Offered and Uncommitted. Stanford is a tall and lanky wide out with the frame to put on size, his favorite player is Michigan Alum Braylon Edwards, his close friends with Michigan commit AJ Williams, and being best friends, teammates, and hopeful future teammates with 5* DE Aldolphus Washington, he is even more of a target and need. Stanford highlights.
WR: 4* Aaron Burbridge, 6\’1\’\’ 180lbs. Farmington Hills, MI. (Harrison HS)
– Offered and Uncommitted. One of the best players in Michigan and in the country, he is teammates with 2 of the Michigan commits in this class (Mario Ojemudia and Devin Funchess). His grades are a concern, but if he gets them up, he is too good of a prospect to not take, even if we already have a WR in the class. Burbridge highlights.
TE: 4* Devin Funchess, 6\’4\’\’ 205lbs. Farmington Hills, MI (Harrison HS)
– COMMITTED. Big, Playmaking tight end who has the ability to be another superstar player in the Al Borges pro style offense. Funchess highlights.
TE/OT: 3* AJ Williams, 6\’6\’\’ 260lbs. Cincinnati, OH. (Sycamore HS)
– COMMITTED. A huge blocking tight end, who will most likely be moved to offensive tackle. If not, then he will be brought in mainly on running plays and plays which need a lot of protection.
OT: 5* Andrus Peat, 6\’7\’\’ 305lbs. Tempe, AZ. (Corona Del Sol HS)
– Offered and Uncommitted. After a visit this past weekend, Peat himself talked and tweeted about how amazing Michigan was and will be tough to beat. Now im more hopeful than anything, but this would be an amazing pickup for the program. Could be the next great Michigan O-lineman. Peat highlights.
OT: 5* Jordan Diamond, 6\’6\’\’ 290lbs. Chicago, IL. (Simeon Vocational HS)
– Offered and Uncommitted. Most recruiting sites believe that Diamond is a heavy Michigan lean, especially with his teammate as a 2011 commit and receiving so much attention from the maize and blue. With him, Magnusson and Peat, Michigan could have a potential All American O-line in 3-4 years. Diamond highlights.
OT: 4* Erik Magnuson, 6\’6\’\’ 275lbs. Encinitas, CA (La Costa Canyon HS)
– COMMITTED. This was a huge pickup, Mags is a great offensive tackle prospect and with his size and ability he has the chance to play either right or left tackle. Magnuson highlights.
OT: 3* Ben Braden, 6\’7\’\’ 300lbs. Rockford, MI (Rockford HS)
– COMMITTED. More of a project pick up, Braden has the size for Hoke and his staff to try and develop him into a good depth player.
OG: 3* Caleb Stacey, 6\’4\’\’ 280. Cincinnati, Ohio (Oak Hills HS)
– COMMITTED. Another good pick up, and the only legitimate interior offensive lineman in this class.
DT: 4* Ondre Pipkins, 6\’3\’\’ 320. Kansas City, MO (Park Hill HS)
– Offered and Uncommitted. The big nose tackle that Mattison needs to plug in the middle of his D-line and disrupt the entire game and since he was first offered, it has seemed like he has been a Michigan lean. Pipkins highlight.
DT/DE: 3* Matt Godin, 6\’6\’\’ 265. Novi, MI (Catholic Central HS)
– COMMITTED. Brought in to be a strongside defensive end, but he has the size and frame to put on the weight and muscle to become a disruptive DT/DE like Van Bergen. Godin highlights.
DE: 4* Chris Wormley, 6\’5\’\’ 250. Toledo, Ohio (Whitmer HS)
– Offered and Uncommitted. One of the top players in Ohio and easily one of the top prospects to both the Michigan coaching staff and Michigan fan base. Has that \”it\” factor be a another great Wolverine defensive lineman. Wormley highlights.
DE: 5* Aldophus Washington, 6\’6\’\’ 240. Cincinnati, OH. (Taft HS)
– Offered and Uncommitted. Seemed to be a lock for OSU, but thanks to tatgate, Michigan may be one of the favorites to land the top prospect in Ohio. If Michigan can get the commitment of his teammate and best friend WR Dwayne Stanford, then it should be a near lock to land Aldophus. Washington highlight.
DE: 3* Pharaoh Brown, 6\’6\’\’ 220. Lyndhurst, Ohio (Brush HS)
– COMMITTED. A project defensive end that will need to red shirt and add weight, but he could be a great rush/speed player to get after the QB. Brown highlights.
OLB: 4* Mario Ojemudia, 6\’2\’\’ 220. Farmington Hills, MI (Harrison HS)
–COMMITTED. A perfect outside rush linebacker for Mattison to work with if he does in fact use a mix of the 34 defense along with the 43 defense. He reminds me of Baltimore LB Sergio Kindle. Ojemudia highlights.
OLB: 4* Kaleb Ringer, 6\’1\’\’ 225. Clayton, Ohio (Northmont HS)
–COMMITTED. Another great linebacker that has the size to be a tackling machine in college, especially with the coaching of Hoke and Company. Ringer highlights.
LB: 4* Joe Bolden, 6\’3\’\’ 230. Cincinnati, Ohio (Colerain HS)
–COMMITTED. Bolden is a instinctive field general that could be the leader and coach on the field. Plus he has the tools to be a great linebacker. Bolden highlights.
LB: 4* James Ross, 6\’1\’\’ 215. Orchard Lake, MI (St. Marys HS)
–COMMITTED. One of the best linebackers in the country and top players in the state of Michigan, which was why he was an even bigger get for the Wolverines. Could be a absolute stud and superstar. Ross highlights.
LB: 4* Royce Jenkins-Stone, 6\’2\’\’ 215. Detroit, MI (Cass Tech HS)
–COMMITTED. Has that ability and instincts to be a first round NFL draftee, and really leave his legacy at Michigan as one of the best linebackers to wear the winged helmet. RJS highlights.
CB: 4* Terry Richardson, 5\’10\’\’ 165. Detroit, MI (Cass Tech HS)
–COMMITTED. Another member of the fab freshmen class, T-Rich has the playmaking ability to change the outcome of any game. Richardson highlights.
CB: 3* Anthony Standifer, 6\’1\’\’ 180. Crete, IL (Crete-Monee HS)
–COMMITTED. Standifer has the chance to be a stud after most likely a red shirt year, especially with his size, play making ability and closing speed. Standifer highlights.
FS: 4* Jarrod Wilson, 6\’2\’\’ 190. Akron, Ohio (Buchtel HS)
– Offered and Uncommitted. Another play maker in the secondary, Wilson could have the chance to come in right away and compete for a starting job. Wilson highlights.
SS. 3* Allen Gant, 6\’2\’\’ 205. Sylvania, Ohio (Southview HS)
–COMMITTED. A legacy Michigan player, his father was a defensive back for the maize and blue and now his son will have a chance to follow in his footsteps. Gant highlights.
- Happy 10 Year Anniversary, Me - May 25, 2021
- New Michigan Man: DT Jordan Whittley Transfers to Michigan - May 21, 2021
- Coming to Crisler: G Devante Jones Transfers to Michigan - May 1, 2021