Team 136 heads to College Park this weekend for a chance at going undefeated on the road for the first time since 1997 and (possibly) a Big Ten East Championship game next week against Ohio State. But first they have to take care of business against the Nittany Lions, and if they do, it’ll be in front of some of their top 2017 and 2018 east coast targets, including ATH Devon Hunter, OT Isaiah Wilson and DE Micah Parsons.
Check out the full list of top targets that will be in attendance.
Five Star May Visit
There aren’t many players as versatile and athletic in the 2016 class as Gordo (AL) LB Ben Davis. At 6’4” 235lbs, he has the size of a defensive end but stars as a linebacker and wide receiver for his high school team but oh would he be a perfect fit at the Buck position in DJ Durkin’s Michigan defense.
But is that even a possibility? It didn’t look like it and is still a big time long shot but, according to Bleacher Report’s Tyler Donohue, Davis is down to Michigan and Notre Dame for his final official visit. And his interest in UM is real thanks to multiple people.
In his interview with Donohue, Davis mentioned Jim Harbaugh’s NFL experience (obviously), his relationship with RB coach Tyrone Wheatley and 2016 target LB Devin Bush Jr, Michigan’s high standing with elite 2016 targets DL Rashan Gary and RB Kareem Walker, as well as the staff’s use of Jabrill Peppers for why he’s so interested in the Wolverines.
While Michigan’s chances are not very high at all, continued success on the field and landing that official visit could at least give the staff a chance to get their hat on the table. Either way, enjoy his ridiculous highlights:
According to The Wolverine’s Brandon Brown, things are not looking good for Michigan in the TE Isaac Nauta sweepstakes after his latest visit to Georgia and the staff now “fully” expects him to choose UGA ($).
Even with this news, his recruitment is not completely over yet, per Brown. He added that a coaching change at UGA, which is looking like a real possibility, could open things up for UM.
It has been well known that his home state Bulldogs were the favorites to land his signature since he decommitted from Florida State thanks to the chance to play close to home. But after his visit to Michigan and seeing how perfect of a fit he would be in the Wolverine offense as well as everything else in their favor, most, including myself, believed UM could sign him on NSD.
Is that option off the table even if UGA keeps Richt? I don’t believe so. Recruiting is crazy (like I’ve said a million times) and things aren’t over until the LOI is faxed. Players get caught up in emotions and things change their minds at the drop of a hat. Though I do believe UGA is the definitive leader, I don’t see Jim and Jay Harbaugh giving up with time still on the clock.
Junior Tight End Targets
Speaking of tight ends, it didn’t even take a full season for Jim Harbaugh and the staff to turn Michigan into the best tight end offense in the country and it’s being noticed by every recruit on the trail.
Everyone knows about Michigan’s tight end heavy offense by now and that includes several top 2017 tight end targets, including:
- Bullard (TX) TE Major Tennison
- The Wolverine’s Brandon Brown caught up with Tennison, who’s committed to Texas, to talk to him about his recent offer from Michigan. Tennison told him about speaking with Jay Harbaugh and how he likes what he sees out of the UM offense ($).
- Oaks Christian (CA) TE Colby Parkinson
- In an interview with Wolverine247’s Steve Lorenz, Parkinson talked about how great Michigan’s tight end heavy offense is and his relationship with TE coach Jay Harbaugh ($).
- Chapin (SC) TE Will Register
- Brown also caught up with Register to talk to him about his recruitment and interest in Michigan. Though he’s still fully committed to South Carolina, he talked about his growing relationship with Jay Harbaugh and his possible fit in their offense ($).
Photo Credit: Vasha Huntfirstname.lastname@example.org
- 2020-21 Michigan Basketball vs Wisconsin - Jan 12, 2021
- 2020-21 Minnesota vs Michigan Basketball: Highlights - Jan 6, 2021
- 2020-21 Northwestern vs Michigan Basketball: Highlights - Jan 5, 2021