Juwan Howard and the Michigan coaching staff were off to a nice start on the 2021 recruiting trail with four commits already in tow. But it needed some elite talent and it got it in a big way as five-star top 10 F Caleb Houstan committed to the Wolverines.
Playing at one of the best high school programs in the country, Houstan consistently shows why he’s one of the best prospects in this class. The 6’8″ forward can play that “positionless basketball” that the game has turned into as he shows the ability to score in the post, shoot from the perimeter, and match up with multiple positions on the defensive end of the court. Featuring a really pretty jumper and that pure scorer ability, he’s a guy that should step on campus and be one of the top 7 players on the roster.
- Height: 6’8”
- Weight: 205lbs
- Hometown (School): Mississauga, Canada (Monteverde Academy)
- Notable Offers: Duke, North Carolina, Virginia, Michigan State
- Rankings: Rivals (5*, #11 overall) – 247Sports (5*, #9 overall) – ESPN (5*, #10 overall)
- Composite Ranking: Five-star, #8 Overall, #2 PF, #1 in Florida
As for the Rest of the Class
Houstan is the 5th overall commit, the 2nd wing player, and the first commitment out of both Florida and Canada. There’s still another spot left in this class and the main position missing is a big man. The main name to watch is C Efton Reid, the former teammate of 2020 signees Hunter Dickinson and Terrance Williams. Other big man names to watch are fellow five stars C Chet Holmgren and I’m not sleeping on Houstan’s Canadian teammate, C Charles Bediako.
Photo Credit: Gregory Payan | AP
- Happy 10 Year Anniversary, Me - May 25, 2021
- New Michigan Man: DT Jordan Whittley Transfers to Michigan - May 21, 2021
- Coming to Crisler: G Devante Jones Transfers to Michigan - May 1, 2021