To kick off the official start to the 2016 Michigan football fall camp, we’ve broken down each incoming freshmen football signee. That includes their highlights, scouting report and 2016 season prediction.
Ahmir Mitchell, Egg Harbor City (NJ) Cedar Creek
- Position: Wide Receiver/Safety
- Height/Weight: 6’3” 205lbs
- Commitment Date: August 27th, 2015
Scouting Report: Mitchell is one of the most physically impressive players in the 2016 recruiting class and in Michigan’s receiver room. That physical build mixed with his pure athleticism and speed makes him a very intriguing prospect. But, at what position? That’s the question that the staff is still trying to figure out. He’s raw as a receiver but has a ton of upside. If it doesn’t work out there, he has the look of a playmaking safety/hybrid linebacker.
True Freshmen Projection: Being an early enrollee, it looked very likely that Mitchell would be a contributor this fall. But off the field issues have his true freshmen season in question as, according to multiple reports, he’s in the dog house and has a ways to go to get out of it. He’ll very likely spend his freshmen season on a redshirt.
- Happy 10 Year Anniversary, Me - May 25, 2021
- New Michigan Man: DT Jordan Whittley Transfers to Michigan - May 21, 2021
- Coming to Crisler: G Devante Jones Transfers to Michigan - May 1, 2021