Tripp Welborne, Ty Law, Charles Woodson, Marlin Jackson, and Leon Hall. Those are just some of the most well known names that helped Michigan become one of the top schools for producing defensive back talent in the 90\’s and 00\’s. However, after the Rich Rod years, the production fell off quite a bit.
But don\’t worry, Wolverine Nation. The staff has built up an uber talented defensive backfield stable that looks to bring that \’DBU\’ title back to Ann Arbor.
Looking at the projected Team 135 depth chart, you not only see numbers but you also see top talents and recruits in every class:
Deep, extremely talented and full of top potential. That is the easiest way to explain the cornerback situation. From playmaking upperclassman, like Countess and Taylor, down to potential stars in Lewis and Peppers, it looks like the outside is locked up for quite sometime.
- Blake Countess #2, RS Jr (4* CB)
- Raymon Taylor #6, Sr (4* CB)
- Jourdan Lewis #26, So (4* CB)
- Jabrill Peppers #5, Fr (5* CB)
- Channing Stribling #8, So (3* CB)
- Delonte Hollowell #24, Sr (3* CB)
- Terry Richardson #13, RS So (4* CB)
- Reon Dawson #30, Jr (3* CB)
Unproven but scary talented specimens. That is how I would describe this bunch thanks to some, if not most, of the top athletes on the roster residing in centerfield. Though they are still inexperienced, they have the athleticism and skill to be game changers all over the field starting this season. Led by Wilson, the rest of the guys will be battling it out for playing time with the best players playing. And if the competition pushes Thomas, Hill, Clark and Watson to their peak potential…..look out Big Ten.
- Jarrod Wilson #22, Jr (4* S)
- Dymonte Thomas #25, So (5* S)
- Delano Hill #44, So (4* S)
- Jeremy Clark #34, RS So (3* S)
- Brandon Watson #28, Fr (3* DB)
Add in future recruits, like CB Garrett Taylor and S Tyree Kinnel, as well as targets in 2015 and 2016, like Marcus Lewis, Mook Reynolds, Lavert Hill, Patrice Rene, Levonta Taylor, Stefan Claiborne and Tyrece Speaight, and you can see the DB factory that Brady Hoke and Greg Mattison are assembling. And it looks good.
- Coming to Crisler: G Devante Jones Transfers to Michigan - May 1, 2021
- New Michigan Man: WR Tyler Morris Commits to Michigan - Apr 20, 2021
- Michigan Takes Care of Texas Southern, Moves onto 2nd Round - Mar 20, 2021