The Detroit Lions have this fun little streak going of drafting former top Michigan football recruiting targets. It was former top target DL Da’Shawn Hand in 2018 and then another near-miss in TE Isaac Nauta in 2019
So, who will it be in 2020? Luckily for Michigan/Lions fans, there’s a pretty large group of notable names that could find themselves donning the Honolulu Blue on draft night after ditching the Michigan blue in high school.
Check out some of the most notable former Michigan recruiting targets that are in the 2020 NFL draft:
- Louisville OT Mekhi Becton
- Georgia OT Isaiah Wilson
- Missouri DT Jordan Elliott (former commit)
- Arizona State RB Eno Benjamin
- Ohio State S Jordan Fuller
- Notre Dame DE Khalid Kareem
- UCLA CB Darnay Holmes
- Florida WR Van Jefferson (transfer target)
- Boston College RB AJ Dillon (former commit)
- Ohio State WR Austin Mack
- Mississippi State LB Willie Gay
- UCLA TE Devin Asiasi (transferred out)
- Florida LB David Reese (former commit)
- Mississippi State S Brian Cole (transferred out)
- Oklahoma LB Caleb Kelly
- Illinois LB Dele Harding (former commit)
- Penn State CB John Reid
- Notre Dame OLB Daelin Hayes
There are hundreds of names available in the draft but I like the Lions’ chances of selecting another former top Michigan recruiting target. My best bets would be Elliott, Jefferson, Kareem, Holmes, Fuller or Dillon.
Which former target would you like to see picked by the Lions this year? Let us know in the comment section below!
Photo Credit: NFL.com