Michigan football is known for the Big House, high standards, and a power running game.
After the first 2 seasons, Brady Hoke has implemented a pro style offense and has brought in the talent on the recruiting trail that it needs. He has landed 6 backs including the #1 RB in the 2013 class, Derrick Green. It has been a point of his to always bring in a running back so the stable is always stocked.
However, it looks like he may actually not bring in a running back in the 2014 class because of the lack of numbers (unless Leonard Fournette shocks the world and chooses the Wolverines). But with the high level of talent and interest of the 2015 backs, it looks like Michigan will take at least 2 running backs. And there seems to be two main targets, Damien Harris and Mikey Webber.
Here are the main targets:
RB: 4* Damien Harris, 5\’11\’\’ 190lbs. Berea, KY (Madison Southern HS)
|Damien Harris #34, RB (via 247sports.com)|
– One of the top players in the class, Harris is a a power, fast, home run hitting back that happens to LOVE Michigan. He has visited Ann Arbor already and will make several return trips. Also, he has already announced that Michigan and O$U are his top schools.
RB: 4* Mikey Weber, 5\’11\’\’ 195lbs. Detroit, MI (Cass Tech HS)
|Mikey Webber #25, RB (via Freep.com)|
– Coming from Cass Tech, everyone thinks that Weber is a sure fire get for Michigan. That very well may be true since Mikey has admitted that Ann Arbor feels like \”home\” to him and he has visited many times. His thick frame and powerful running style are a perfect fit for the Wolverines.
|Jacques Patrick #10, RB (via OrlandoSentinal.com)|
– The Orlando area running back visited in June and admitted to having a very good time. He even went on to say that he is very interested in Michigan after his visit, but called Florida and Florida State his leaders right now.
- 2020 Penn State vs Michigan: Four Things to Watch - Nov 27, 2020
- 2020-21 Michigan Basketball vs Bowling Green: Game Highlights - Nov 26, 2020
- Inside the Fish Bowl is Turning Lemons into Lemonade - Nov 23, 2020