Updated: September 12th
Michigan has just beat ND in the first ever night game at the Big House and it was one of, if not, thee greatest game that I have ever seen. Even better for Michigan is that they had a full house full of not only fans but also top recruits. The outcome, atmosphere and experience were something that every recruit has said was amazing, unbelievable, crazy, insane, etc.
Thanks to this game, Michigan has pulled in front for at least one, and maybe more, of the nations top recruits. AND with the recruiting class (possibly) going up to 28 recruits, this could be a monumental class unlike Michigan or 99% of the other schools have ever seen. _____________________________________________________________________
1.RB: 5* Brionte Dunn, 6\’1\’\’ 215lbs. Canton, OH. (GlenOak HS)
– Offered and is a O$U recruit. But with all their problems, there is a great chance that after they get hit with penalties, he will de-commit. Even better though, is that his cousin (2013 RB Dymonte Thomas) committed to Michigan after the ND game and has said that he expects Brionte to come to go Blue now. Dunn highlights.
2.FB: 2* Sione Houma, 6\’1\’\’ 215lbs. Salt Lake City, UT (Highland HS)
– COMMITTED. Battering ram of a back, will run you over and take it to the house. Hoke is bringing back the power running, so a fullback was necessary. Houma Highlights
3.WR: 4* Jordan Payton, 6\’2\’\’ 205 lbs. Westlake Village, CA (Oaks Christian HS)
–Offered and Uncommitted. A one time USC commit, Payton is one of the premier wide receivers and play makers in the country. Loved his visit to Michigan and named the Wolverines his leader and could commit after he talks to his parents this week. Payton Highlights.
4.The first of the three to commit:
- WR: 4* Amara Darboh, 6\’2\’\’ 200 lbs. Des Moines, Iowa (Dowling HS) Darboh Highlights.
- WR: 4* Monty Madaris, 6\’2\’\’ 190lbs. Cincinnati, OH (Moeller HS) Madaris Highlights
- WR: 3/4* Darius Powe, 6\’2\’\’ 186lbs. Lakewood, CA (Lakewood HS) Powe Highlights
5.TE: 4* Devin Funchess, 6\’4\’\’ 205lbs. Farmington Hills, MI (Harrison HS)
– COMMITTED. Big, Playmaking tight end who has the ability to be another superstar player in the Al Borges pro style offense. Funchess highlights.
6.TE/OT: 3* AJ Williams, 6\’6\’\’ 260lbs. Cincinnati, OH. (Sycamore HS)
– COMMITTED. A huge blocking tight end who will be used more for running the ball or could be moved to offensive tackle if necessary, but very doubtful.
7.OT/OG: 5* Kyle Kalis, 6\’5\’\’ 305lbs. Lakewood, OH. (St. Edwards HS)
– COMMITTED. After he officially de-committed from the buckeyes and is visiting Michigan he was seen to be a Michigan lean, especially with his bestfriend DE Tom Strobel already in the class. This is an amazing pick up for this class, Kalis is a mauler and road grader that has a mean streak. AMAZING pick up. Kalis highlights.
8.OT/OG: 4* Blake Bars, 6\’5\’\’ 275lbs. Nashville, TN. (Montgomery Bell Academy)
– COMMITTED. This is a great pick up for Michigan, especially since he was offered by big name programs like LSU, Penn State, Florida and many more. Also this was big because his older brother plays at Penn State and his Dad is a former ND linebacker, so Michigan was behind from the start. Bars highlights.
9.OT: 4* Erik Magnuson, 6\’6\’\’ 275lbs. Encinitas, CA (La Costa Canyon HS)
– COMMITTED. This was a huge pickup, Mags is a great offensive tackle prospect and with his size and ability he has the chance to play either right or left tackle. Magnuson highlights.
10.OT: 3* Ben Braden, 6\’7\’\’ 300lbs. Rockford, MI (Rockford HS)
– COMMITTED. More of a project pick up, Braden has the size for Hoke and his staff to try and develop him into a good depth player.
11.OT: 5* Zach Banner, 6\’9\’\’ 300lbs. Lakewood, WA. (Lakes HS)
– Uncommitted and Offered.One of the best and biggest prospects in the nation. He visited for the ND game and was loving it. Talking about how amazing everything was and fellow Cali boy, E-Mags, has said that they are really close and wants him to be a Wolverine and will be recruiting. Banner Highlights.
12.OG: 5* Joshua Garnett, 6\’5\’\’ 275lbs. Puyallup, WA. (Puyallup HS)
–Uncommitted and Offered. Another monster prospect and the best friend of OT prospect Zach Banner. With Banner high on Michigan after his visit, the two have expressed how much they want to play together, and he will be visiting for the O$U game. Garnett Highlights.
13.OG/C: 3* Caleb Stacey, 6\’4\’\’ 280lbs. Cincinnati, Ohio (Oak Hills HS)
– COMMITTED. Another good pick up, and the only legitimate interior offensive lineman committed in this class.
14. DT: 4* Danny O\’Brien, 6\’3\’\’ 287lbs. Flint, MI. (Powers Catholic HS)
– Offered and Uncommitted. O\’Brien has been all over Michigan lately and might of committed a little bit ago if Pipkins didn\’t beat him to it. However, the coaches told him they will take him when he\’s ready. I could see him committing soon. O\’Brien highlights.
15.NT/DT: 4* Ondre Pipkins, 6\’3\’\’ 320lbs. Kansas City, MO (Park Hill HS)
– COMMITTED. Finally landed the big man. Pipkins commitment was released and he will be a Wolverine. Expect BIG BIG things from this kid. Pipkins highlight.
16.DT/DE: 3* Matt Godin, 6\’6\’\’ 265. Novi, MI (Catholic Central HS)
– COMMITTED. Brought in to be a strongside defensive end, but he has the size and frame to put on the weight and muscle to become a disruptive DT/DE like Van Bergen. Godin highlights.
17.DE: 4* Chris Wormley, 6\’5\’\’ 250. Toledo, Ohio (Whitmer HS)
– COMMITTED. One of the top players in Ohio and easily one of the top prospects to both the Michigan coaching staff and Michigan fan base. Has that \”it\” factor be a another great Wolverine defensive lineman. Wormley highlights.
18.DE: 4* Tom Strobel, 6\’6\’\’ 245. Mentor, Ohio (Mentor HS)
– COMMITTED. An amazing pick up, and force to be reckoned with. Strobel will be a great player under Mattison and Hoke. Strobel highlights.
19.DE/WR: 3* Pharaoh Brown, 6\’6\’\’ 220. Lyndhurst, Ohio (Brush HS)
– COMMITTED. A project defensive end that will need to red shirt and add weight, but he could be a great rush/speed player to get after the QB. He is also a great athlete and could be a WR or TE if needed. Brown highlights.
20.OLB/DE: 4* Mario Ojemudia, 6\’2\’\’ 220. Farmington Hills, MI (Harrison HS)
–COMMITTED. A perfect outside rush linebacker for Mattison to work with if he does in fact use a mix of the 34 defense along with the 43 defense. He reminds me of Baltimore LB Sergio Kindle. Ojemudia highlights.
21.OLB: 4* Kaleb Ringer, 6\’1\’\’ 225. Clayton, Ohio (Northmont HS)
–COMMITTED. Another great linebacker that has the size to be a tackling machine in college, especially with the coaching of Hoke and Company. Ringer highlights.
22.LB: 4* Joe Bolden, 6\’3\’\’ 230. Cincinnati, Ohio (Colerain HS)
–COMMITTED. Bolden is a instinctive field general that could be the leader and coach on the field. Plus he has the tools to be a great linebacker. Bolden highlights.
23.LB: 4* James Ross, 6\’1\’\’ 215. Orchard Lake, MI (St. Marys HS)
–COMMITTED. One of the best linebackers in the country and top players in the state of Michigan, which was why he was an even bigger get for the Wolverines. Could be a absolute stud and superstar. Ross highlights.
24.LB: 4* Royce Jenkins-Stone, 6\’2\’\’ 215. Detroit, MI (Cass Tech HS)
–COMMITTED. Has that ability and instincts to be a first round NFL draftee, and really leave his legacy at Michigan as one of the best linebackers to wear the winged helmet. RJS highlights.
25.CB: 4* Terry Richardson, 5\’10\’\’ 165. Detroit, MI (Cass Tech HS)
–COMMITTED. Another member of the fab freshmen class, T-Rich has the playmaking ability to change the outcome of any game. Richardson highlights.
26.CB: 3* Anthony Standifer, 6\’1\’\’ 180. Crete, IL (Crete-Monee HS)
–COMMITTED. Standifer has the chance to be a stud after most likely a red shirt year, especially with his size, play making ability and closing speed. Standifer highlights.
27.FS: 4* Jarrod Wilson, 6\’2\’\’ 190. Akron, Ohio (Buchtel HS)
– COMMITTED. Another play maker in the secondary, Wilson could have the chance to come in right away and compete for a starting job.This is a great pick up for Hoke and the Wolverines. Wilson highlights.
28.SS/WR. 3* Allen Gant, 6\’2\’\’ 205. Sylvania, Ohio (Southview HS)
–COMMITTED. A legacy Michigan player, his father was a defensive back for the maize and blue and now his son will have a chance to follow in his footsteps. Gant highlights.
Not only is that the #1 Recruiting class in the nation, but that could be the greatest recruiting class in Michigan\’s long and successful history.
Just think about the o-line in 2015?! Banner(LT) Garnett(LG) Miller/Stacey(C) Kalis(RG) Magnuson(RT)
- Inside the Fish Bowl is Turning Lemons into Lemonade - Nov 23, 2020
- 2020 Michigan vs Rutgers: Takeaways and Highlights - Nov 22, 2020
- 2020 Michigan vs Rutgers: Four Things to Watch - Nov 20, 2020