While the biggest wide receiver news of late came from the 2021 class, the newest addition to the 2022 class should help soothe that sting. Long time target and familiar name, Nazareth Academy (IL) WR Tyler Morris has committed to Michigan.
Morris is an exceptional athlete that plays multiple sports at the high school level and shows off that quick twitch athleticism and burst on the football field. He’s a receiver that can do a little bit of everything. Not the fastest in the world but more than fast enough and has the route running skills to allow him to beat defenders on quick slants or at the line when going over the top. Very good hands and ability to spot the ball early on in his route. This is a player I see making an impact within his first couple of years on campus before sliding into a starting role in his final two seasons.
- Height: 6’0″
- Weight: 175lbs
- Hometown (School): Bolingbrook. IL (Nazareth Academy)
- Notable Offers: Notre Dame, Florida, Penn State, Iowa, Iowa State, Michigan State
- Rankings: Rivals (4*, #78 overall) – 247Sports (4*, #78 overall) – ESPN (4*, #135 overall)
- Composite Ranking: Four-star, #80 Overall, #10 WR, #3 in Illinois
As for the Rest of the Class
Morris is the 7th overall commitment, the 2nd wide receiver, and the first get out of Illinois. His addition alongside WR Tay’Shawn Trent gives Michigan a nice duo at the position but there looks to be room for 1-2 more receivers in this class. All eyes are on another Illinois standout, WR Kaleb Brown. Other names to know include Darrius Clemons and Jaden Mangham, who could be seen as a defensive back target.
Photo Credit: Rivals.com
- Happy 10 Year Anniversary, Me - May 25, 2021
- New Michigan Man: DT Jordan Whittley Transfers to Michigan - May 21, 2021
- Coming to Crisler: G Devante Jones Transfers to Michigan - May 1, 2021