In a bit of a surprise, Independence (TN) WR Nate Johnson committed to Jim Harbaugh and Michigan in person while on his official visit to Ann Arbor.
After talking it over with my family I’ve decided to make the decision to commit to The University Of Michigan〽〽!!! #GoBlue
— Deuce (@natedog0202) December 12, 2015
Johnson is the exact type of receiver that the staff was looking to add along side big, physical receivers Ahmir Mitchell and Brad Hawkins. He is a small, quick, home run threat that can play on the outside and in the slot, which is huge since the slot depth is lacking that dynamic playmaker at the moment.
As for his recruitment, this was a quick development for Michigan. He was offered by the Wolverines on December 9th, quickly set his official visit for that weekend and committed to the staff on his 2nd day on campus to fill the 3rd receiver role in the class.
- Height: 6’0”
- Weight: 180lbs
- Notable Offers: Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Penn State, Miami (FL)
- Rankings: Scout (NR) – Rivals (3*, #98 WR) – 247 (3*, #88 WR) – ESPN (3*, #170 WR)
As for the Rest of the Class: Johnson is the 21st commit and 3rd wide receiver commit of UM’s 2016 class. And now the question turns to see how the receiver class will end up. Michigan is still in great shape with WR Keyshawn Young, WR Dylan Crawford and is making up ground on WR Donnie Corley. I believe they’ll still bring in at least one more receiver, especially a true receiver since some believe Mitchell and/or Hawkins could transition to other positions during their college career.
- New Michigan Man: WR Tay’shawn Trent Commits to Michigan - Mar 3, 2021
- New Michigan Man: Texas Tech QB Alan Bowman Transfers to Michigan - Feb 28, 2021
- New Michigan Man: CB Will Johnson Commits to Michigan - Feb 28, 2021