Josh Gattis continues to add high ceiling receivers on the recruiting trail and did so again from a familiar state as 2021 Mater Dei (CA) WR Cristian Dixon has committed to Michigan.
Dixon is a route technician that plays with a swagger. He’s quicker than fast but far from slow and shows off the sweet feet at the line and on his breaks, beating defenders down the field for big gains. He has long arms and flashes great hands and a toughness to go over the middle and make contested catches. Took a little step back in his transition to Mater Dei for his junior year as he played against some of the top teams in the country. But still performed really well and continues to show he has one of the highest ceilings in this class. He should fight for playing time from the day he steps on campus and should start for multiple years. I belive he could have a very big career in the maize and blue.
After putting up big numbers in his sophomore season, he was a wanted recruit by top programs all over the country. Teams like Oregon, Cal and USC (who’s downfall obviously helped) were highly involved for quite some time with the Bears holding the Crystal Ball lead for quite some time. But Michigan stayed on him throughout the pandemic and even without getting a visit in, was able to win him over and get the commitment from the Cali standout.
- Height: 6’2”
- Weight: 190lbs
- Hometown (School): Santa Ana, CA (Mater Dei)
- Notable Offers: USC, Cal, Notre Dame, Oregon, LSU, Auburn
- Rankings: Rivals (4*, #175 overall) – 247Sports (3*, #96 WR) – ESPN (4*, #143 overall)
- Composite Ranking: Four-star, #210 Overall, #38 WR, #22 in California
As for the Rest of the Class
Dixon is the 19th overall commitment, the 2nd wide receiver get, and the first commit out of California. With his addition alongside Markus Allen, the staff can focus their attention on WR Xavier Worthy and WR Jayden Thomas with WR Lorenzo Styles Jr. on the board as well. If you’re looking for the next possible commit in the class, OG Drew Kendall looks to be narrowing in on a decision this summer though may be fading from Michigan a bit.
Photo Credit: Mark Bausman/OC Sports Zone
- 2021 LB Casey Phinney Flips from Michigan to Boston College - Sep 20, 2020
- New Michigan Man: RB Tavierre Dunlap Commits to Michigan - Sep 12, 2020
- New Michigan Man: 2022 LB Tyler Martin Commits to Michigan - Sep 11, 2020