In an expected move, Camden (NJ) WR Brad Hawkins has decided to pull the trigger and commit to the 2016 Michigan recruiting class.
Hawkins is a big, fast, physical wide receiver that can make the tough catches that should make him a go-to possession receiver in the future. He reminds me a little bit of former Michigan WR Marquise Walker because of his mix of size and big play ability, both of which are badly needed in Drevno’s offense.
Michigan didn’t look like a very realistic option for Hawkins until the new staff took over and made him a top priority. Add in his fantastic trips to the Ann Arbor and most of his New Jersey buddies choosing/favoring the Wolverines and this looked like a slam dunk for awhile now.
- Height: 6’2”
- Weight: 200lbs
- Notable Offers: South Carolina, Oregon, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Michigan State, Auburn
- Rankings: Scout (4*, #224) – Rivals (4*, #206) – 247 (4*, #202) – ESPN (4*, #191) – MGoFish (4*)
As for the Rest of the Class: Hawkins is the 21st commitment of the class, 15th this summer and 2nd from New Jersey. He’s also the first true wide receiver commit, a position that is badly needed by the staff. With Hawkins and his teammate DE Ron Johnson on board, look for Michigan’s pipeline to east coast/New Jersey to keep flowing to end out the summer with TE Naseir Upshur deciding on August 8th and (possibly) WR Ahmir Mitchell jumping on board too.
- Twitter Account Hacked - Feb 16, 2021
- New Michigan Man: S Taylor Groves Commits to Michigan - Feb 5, 2021
- New Michigan Man: DB Kody Jones Commits to Michigan - Feb 5, 2021