Looking to add multiple tight ends in this class, Michigan is off to a great start with the addition of a top 100 target, as 2021 St. Sebastian’s (MA) TE Louis Hansen has committed to the Wolverines.
Just a pure athlete at a position where pure athletes can be dominant. He has the ideal frame for a tight end and plenty of room to add weight without losing explosiveness. He can use his mix of speed to beat linebackers and safety down the field and his length to be a jump ball nightmare. May struggle as an in-line blocker but Hansen is a guy I see being a longtime contributor to the Wolverine offense.
As soon as Michigan got involved in Hansen’s recruitment, he was a name to watch for the 2021 class. Offered during a visit to campus in the summer of 2019, the northeast standout has been a top target for the staff since focus turned to the class.
Sitting near the top of the staff’s tight end board, this was another Sherrone Moore/Don Brown special. Brown’s ties to the northeast and Moore’s recruiting prowess, along with the rest of the staff and opportunities in Ann Arbor were more than enough to push things over the top.
Hansen committed to Michigan during the Coronavirus pandemic, giving Michigan its third top 100 commitment.
- Height: 6’5”
- Weight: 225
- Hometown (School): Needham, MA (St. Sebastian’s)
- Notable Offers: Ohio State, Georgia, LSU, Florida, Penn State
- Rankings: Rivals (4*, #66 overall) – 247Sports (3*, #13 TE) – ESPN (3*)
- Composite Ranking: Four-star, #187 Overall, #8 TE, #2 in Massachusetts
As for the Rest of the Class
Hansen is the fifth overall commitment, the first tight end commit, and the first commit out of Massachusetts. He won’t be the last tight end in this class either as the staff is sitting in good position for multiple top tight ends including Thomas Fidone and Brock Bowers. As for Massachusetts, Michigan is in good shape with DE TJ Guy and is still in the running for OG Drew Kendall.
- Michigan Takes Care of Texas Southern, Moves onto 2nd Round - Mar 20, 2021
- Michigan Receives Expected #1 Seed in 2021 NCAA Tournament - Mar 14, 2021
- New Michigan Man: WR Tay’shawn Trent Commits to Michigan - Mar 3, 2021