While the returning Michigan secondary is full of talent, the depth at cornerback is an alarming concern heading into the fall. So, to combat that, Harbaugh has brought in former Stanford star corner and graduate transfer Wayne Lyons.
According to defensive backs coach, Mike Zordich, and Lyons’ mother/Michigan “team mom”/director of player development Gwendolyn Bush, Lyons will in fact be a Wolverine to close out his college playing career.
— Mark Snyder (@Mark__Snyder) March 27, 2015
Lyons is a premier cornerback that should step in and start opposite of Jourdan Lewis from day one (with Countess in the nickel). This will give the coaching staff the chance to play the aggressive press coverage that will make this defense one of the elite in the country.
- Height: 6’1”
- Weight: 193lbs
- 2014 Stats: 13 games played, 30 tackles, 2 INTs
- 2011 High School Rankings: Scout (4*, #8 S) – Rivals (4*, #6 S) – 247Sports (4*, #5 S) – ESPN (4*, #7 S)
- 2020-21 Michigan Basketball vs Ball State: Game Highlights - Dec 4, 2020
- 2020-21 Michigan Basketball vs Oakland: Game Highlights - Dec 2, 2020
- 2020 Penn State vs Michigan: Takeaways & Highlights - Dec 1, 2020