Like predicted, the snowball effect is happening in full force this June. Michigan has picked up their 16th commitment of the month in Fort Lauderdale satellite camp participant and Flanagan (FL) S Josh Metellus.
Metellus is a hard hitting, physical safety that reminds me a bit of Detroit Lions’ strong safety James Ihedigbo thanks to his ability to make plays in the box as well as in coverage. Something that Michigan has been missing for years, though will be fixed in 2015 thanks to Jabrill Peppers.
Also like linebacker commit Dytarious Johnson, Metellus is another underrated defensive stand out the staff loved after seeing in person. Quickly after receiving the offer, he decided to decommit from Georgia Southern on his visit to Ann Arbor and join the Wolverine’s 2016 class a couple days later.
- Height: 6’0”
- Weight: 185lbs
- Notable Offers: Georgia Southern, South Alabama
- Rankings: Scout (2*) – Rivals (2*) – 247 (2*, #134 S) – ESPN (NR)
As for the Rest of the Class: Metellus is the 16th commitment and the 2nd true defensive back commit. He also happens to be teammates with LB Devin Bush Jr and S Devin Gil, and with his commitment, most believe the others are soon to follow.
- Inside the Fish Bowl is Turning Lemons into Lemonade - Nov 23, 2020
- 2020 Michigan vs Rutgers: Takeaways and Highlights - Nov 22, 2020
- 2020 Michigan vs Rutgers: Four Things to Watch - Nov 20, 2020