With Harbaugh and Wheatley back in Ann Arbor coaching the Maize and Blue, everyone knows the pure power running game will be highlighted once again. And now they have their first pure power tailback commitment in Prattville (AL) RB Kingston Davis.
Davis is a big, powerful, agile tailback that can run over or shake defenders. He is a great fit for the Michigan backfield and the new coaching staff. His skill set and size has to have Coach Wheatley excited. I believe he could end up being a very, very good player for the Wolverines throughout his career.
As for his recruitment, it was a very quiet one at that. He only held offers from three other Power 5 conference teams and once Michigan offered him and landed his teammate and good friend Keith Washington (2015 CB signee), things looked great. Add in a wonderful visit for the spring game and Michigan has it’s 1st running back of the 2016 class.
- Height: 6’1”
- Weight: 225lbs.
- Notable Offers: Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Louisville
- Rankings: Scout (3*, #100 RB) – Rivals (3*) – 247Sports (3*, #3 FB) – ESPN (NR)
As for the Rest of the Class: Davis is the 5th member of the #Fab25 class and the 1st running back. There is plenty of spots to fill still and this move should only help keep the ball rolling for this class. I don’t believe they’ll take more than 2 RB’s in the class so look for Matt Falcon, Robert Washington and Rakeem Boyd to fill that spot.
- Coming to Crisler: F Caleb Houstan Commits to Michigan - Oct 30, 2020
- Look Who’s Visiting Now: 2020 Michigan State - Oct 30, 2020
- 2020 Michigan State vs Michigan: Four Things to Watch - Oct 29, 2020