Without a scholarship punter on the roster after the 2020 season, the staff went ahead and added one of the best prospects in the country to the 2021 class as West Bloomfield (MI) P/K Tommy Doman has committed to Michigan.
Doman has attended multiple Kohl’s events with the most recent being in January of 2020. He is a long athletic prospect. His punting consistency might be the best in the country. Doman has great hands and is more technically polished than anyone else in the class. He makes field goals look easy and won the kickoff competition at the Underclassman Challenge.– Kohl’s Kicking
The All-American combo kicker first came onto the Michigan recruiting scene when he received a PWO offer from the staff in June 2019 and then followed it up by showing out at the program’s specialists camp in July of the same summer.
Doman wasn’t a name really on the top board in the winter and spring but once he received his full scholarship from Jim Harbaugh at the beginning of April, he couldn’t resist the opportunity. He quickly committed to Michigan, locking up the specialist position in the 2021 class.
- Height: 6’3”
- Weight: 175lbs
- Hometown (School): West Bloomfield, MI (St. Mary’s)
- Notable Offers: Air Force, Army, Washington State, Boston College
- Rankings: Rivals (N/A) – 247Sports (N/A) – ESPN (N/A)
- Kicker Rankings: Kornblue (#2 P) – Kohl’s (5*, #3 K/#4 P)
As for the Rest of the Class
Doman is the sixth overall commitment, the first specialist commit, and the second in-state commit. He’ll very likely be the last specialist addition to this class but far from the last in-stater. Michigan is sitting in great shape with OG Rocco Spindler, RB Donovan Edwards, WR Andrel Anthony and LB Jamari Buddin, who could be one of the next additions to the class.
Photo Credit: Tommy Doman/Kohl’s Kicking
- 2020-21 Michigan Basketball vs Wisconsin - Jan 12, 2021
- 2020-21 Minnesota vs Michigan Basketball: Highlights - Jan 6, 2021
- 2020-21 Northwestern vs Michigan Basketball: Highlights - Jan 5, 2021