When Harbaugh and Drevno took over the Wolverines offense, everyone knew they planned on building a dominant offensive line to run behind 30+ times per game. And they added yet another piece to that puzzle as Gilman (MD) OT Devery Hamilton committed to Michigan.
— Devery Hamilton (@D_Hamilton19) June 24, 2015
Hamilton is a big time get for the staff. Though he’s a big raw (thanks to playing both defensive end and tackle in high school), he has that size and athleticism combo that gives him the look of a future standout. As for his exact position, he could play either side of the line but I like him at left tackle.
Landing the talented Gilman star was a bit of a shock for a lot of Michigan fans. Most believed he was heading to the west coast to play for Stanford, but the visit he had to Ann Arbor back in April obviously was even better than reported. And now he’s apart of the best offensive line haul in the country.
- Height: 6’7′
- Weight: 290lbs
- Notable Offers: Stanford, Maryland, LSU, Michigan State, Clemson
- Rankings: Scout (4*, #144 overall)- Rivals (4*, #26 OT)- 247 (4*, #23 OT)- ESPN (3*, #33 OT)- MGoFish (4*)
As for the Rest of the Class: Hamilton is the 19th member of the class, the 4th offensive lineman commit and the 13th commit of June. But is he the last of the month? I don’t believe so. With even more spots accounted for and a large group of east coasters on campus, more additions are very possible before July.
- 2020-21 Michigan Basketball vs Oakland: Game Highlights - Dec 2, 2020
- 2020 Penn State vs Michigan: Takeaways & Highlights - Dec 1, 2020
- 2020 Penn State vs Michigan: Four Things to Watch - Nov 27, 2020