Michigan continues to stock the linebacker room with talent and the staff just landed its top target at the position as four-star 2021 Ravenwood (TN) LB Junior Colson announced his commitment to the Wolverines.
Colson is one of my favorite prospects in this class. I think he could be an absolute stud as a Swiss Army Knife-like linebacker coming off the edge and dropping into coverage. Coming over from Haiti when he was 10, he picked up the game early and has thrived from day one. He can read an offense well and uses an explosive first step, agility, and strong hands to shed lineman and can drop his hips and get into coverage.
Looks like a really intriguing Viper candidate that can run, cover, and blitz. However fast he gets on to the field, he’s a guy I see making a big impact during his time in Ann Arbor.
Colson has been a top target and a name to know on the recruiting trail for a while now. The staff offered the Tennessee linebacker in the summer following his sophomore season and thanks to his mom being from Michigan and a huge fan of the program.
Michigan was able to get Colson on campus for the Ohio State debacle at the end of the 2019 season but even with the outcome, Michigan continued to sit in a great position for the stud linebacker. Though the in-state Volunteers made a push, it wasn’t enough to beat out the connection and fit with the Wolverines.
The four-star linebacker committed to Michigan during Memorial Day weekend, giving the staff its third top 150 prospect of the class.
- Height: 6’2”
- Weight: 230lbs
- Hometown (School): Brentwood, TN (Ravenwood)
- Notable Offers: Tennessee, LSU, Penn State, Auburn, USC
- Rankings: Rivals (4*, #80 overall) – 247Sports (4*, #177 overall) – ESPN (4*, #178 overall)
- Composite Ranking: Four-star, #127 Overall, #10 OLB, #2 in Tennessee
As for the Rest of the Class
Colson is the 14th overall commitment, the 3rd linebacker, and the first get out of Tennessee. Though he may be the only get out of the state, he shouldn’t be the last linebacker. Michigan is in fantastic shape with ILB Jaydon Hood, who could be one of the next additions to the class.
Photo Credit: Junior Colson/Twitter
- New Michigan Man: WR Xavier Worthy Commits to Michigan - Jul 10, 2020
- Coming to Crisler: SG Kobe Bufkin Commits to Michigan - Jul 10, 2020
- Coming to Crisler: PF Will Tschetter Commits to Michigan - Jul 6, 2020