Athleticism on defense is something that the staff has been searching for and new defensive coordinator Don Brown needed. Well, Brown and the Wolverines just added one of the most athletic pass rushing targets left on the board as Columbus (FL) DE Joshua Uche has committed to Michigan.
— Josh Uche (@Uche_Josh20) January 25, 2016
Uche is an athletic, quick hybrid defensive end that has a nose of the passer and looks to be a great fit as a Buck linebacker/pass rush specialist in Michigan’s defense. Though he needs some time in the cafeteria and weight room before being able to really contribute, he has the raw ability that could become a scary force off the edge after taking in some more coaching.
As for his recruitment, this was another one that happened quickly for Michigan. He added his offer from the Wolverines right after Don Brown took the defensive coordinator position and became a priority for the staff. He officially visited Ann Arbor two weeks before NSD and saw everything he needed. Thanks to the opportunities in Ann Arbor and his friendship with LB Elysee Mbem-Bosse, Uche committed to the Wolverines with Mbem-Bosse on January 24th.
- Height: 6’3”
- Weight: 215lbs
- Hometown/School: Miami, FL (Columbus)
- Notable Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Miami (FL)
- Rankings: Scout (3*, #53 DE) – Rivals (3*, #22 WDE) – 247 (3*, #46 WDE) – ESPN (3*, #22 OLB)
As for the Rest of the Class: Uche is the 23rd commitment overall, 3rd hybrid defensive end and 5th commit out of Florida. With him on board, DE Connor Murphy is the name to watch closest at the position while the staff will try to finish out the defensive line recruiting with Murphy, DL Rashan Gary and DT Boss Tagaloa.
- Inside the Fish Bowl is Turning Lemons into Lemonade - Nov 23, 2020
- 2020 Michigan vs Rutgers: Takeaways and Highlights - Nov 22, 2020
- 2020 Michigan vs Rutgers: Four Things to Watch - Nov 20, 2020