Each and every year brings a new list of talented recruits and even better names, and one of the best in both categories will be playing ball in Ann Arbor as West Orange (FL) WR Eddie McDoom has committed to Michigan.
Though he looked to be a perfect fit for the Oregon offense, McDoom now becomes Michigan’s most dynamic receiver recruit and something the roster has been missing for quite some time. He has the speed to take the top off of the defense and the elusiveness to be a star in the slot. If he adds the right size and continues to develop, he could end up being one of the most impactful players in the class.
As for his recruitment, McDoom was a later offer for Michigan but quickly jumped to the top of the board for the staff. However, that didn’t matter as he visited and committed to Oregon in December ending UM’s chances to land the Sunshine State star. But like in just about every case now-a-days, his recruitment opened back up as he decommitted from the Ducks once they were against him taking an official visit to UM. Thanks to that opening and a great visit, Michigan landed themselves the best name in the 2016 class and a top wide receiver target on their board.
- Height: 6’0”
- Weight: 175lbs
- Hometown/School: Winter Garden, FL (West Orange)
- Notable Offers: Oregon, Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, Clemson, Texas
- Rankings: Scout (3*, #74 WR) – Rivals (3*, #66 WR) – 247 (3*, #65 WR) – ESPN (4*, #184 overall)
As for the Rest of the Class: McDoom is the 25th commit of the class, 5th-6th receiver and the 5th commit out of Florida. With his addition, Michigan is not expected to be done at the receiver position as Nate Johnson will make a final decision on NSD and Donald Stewart could join the class at any time.
- Happy 10 Year Anniversary, Me - May 25, 2021
- New Michigan Man: DT Jordan Whittley Transfers to Michigan - May 21, 2021
- Coming to Crisler: G Devante Jones Transfers to Michigan - May 1, 2021