Massachusetts just keeps producing for Don Brown and the 2021 Michigan recruiting class. After landing three gets out of the state already, the staff welcomed number four as Mansfield (MA) DE TJ Guy has committed to the Wolverines.
Guy is a standout on the football field and the basketball court. Big bodied athlete that has plenty of position versatility. He’s an edge rusher at the moment but has the frame to put on plenty of weight and continue to be a disruptive force up front. Mixed with good technique, good agility, and a high effort level, he’s a guy that should produce throughout his career given the chance. He’s also a guy I see playing multiple positions during his college career and slide to the inside of the line as he starts to put on weight.
Guy committed to Boston College back in November of 2019 but his recruitment completely changed when Don Brown and Shaun Nua offered him in late January. Two weeks later, he opened his recruitment back up and all signs pointed towards the Wolverines.
I added Guy to my first 2021 BGRC in mid-March and was actually a little surprised he waited as long as he did to commit to Michigan. That happened in mid-April during the Coronavirus pandemic, becoming the fourth player from Massachusetts to join the class.
- Height: 6’4”
- Weight: 240lbs
- Hometown (School): Mansfield, MA (Mansfield)
- Notable Offers: Boston College, Nebraska, Virginia, Pittsburgh
- Ranking: Rivals (3*) – 247Sports (3*, #31 WDE) – ESPN (3*)
- Composite Ranking: Three-star, #758 Overall, #44 WDE, #6 in Massachusetts
As for the Rest of the Class
Guy is the ninth overall commit in the class, the second defensive line get, and the fourth commit from Massachusetts. Don Brown and the staff still have another top target in the state in OG Drew Kendall. As for the defensive line, the staff is pushing for NT Jay Toia, DL Quintin Somerville, DE Dallas Turner, DE Derek Wilkins, NT Victory Vaka, and pipe-dream DL JT Tuimoloau.
Photo Credit: TJ Guy/Twitter
- New Michigan Man: RB Tavierre Dunlap Commits to Michigan - Sep 12, 2020
- New Michigan Man: 2022 LB Tyler Martin Commits to Michigan - Sep 11, 2020
- Inside the Fish Bowl is Looking at the Options - Sep 1, 2020