The Northeast continues to produce for Don Brown as the Wolverines have landed the top ranked player in Connecticut. Add another one to the May haul, 2021 Suffield Academy (CT) DE Kechaun Bennett has committed to Michigan.
Bennett is a great fit for today’s game. He’s a smart, versatile, multi-use defensive weapon that has the frame to put on plenty of weight and keep his speed. Don Brown has been looking for more Josh Uche-like players for his defense and the four-star from Connecticut looks to fit the bill. Has the athleticism bend to be a disruptive pass rusher but will likely need some time to put on the proper size to be a consistent contributor.
As the top of the player in a Northeast state, Bennett was a player remember. The staff offered him back in February of 2019 and has been on the staff’s radar for quite some time but things really took off when he made an unofficial visit to Ann Arbor just before the Coronavirus pandemic. Things continued to really take off and the Wolverines separated themselves from the other contenders as Bennett decided to join the class at the end of May.
- Height: 6’4”
- Weight: 220lbs
- Hometown (School): Suffield, CT (Suffield Academy)
- Notable Offers: Notre Dame, Penn State, Tennessee, Cal, Miami
- Rankings: Rivals (4*, #12 WDE) – 247Sports (3*, #26 SDE) – ESPN (4*, #39 DE)
- Composite Ranking: Four-star, #329 Overall, #21 SDE, #1 in Connecticut
As for the Rest of the Class
Bennett is the 16th overall commitment, the 3rd defensive line get, and the first commit out of Connecticut. The staff is clearly on a roll and more commits look likely over the next couple of weeks. Names to watch include OG Drew Kendall, WR Cristian Dixon, DL Quintin Somerville and DT George Rooks, as well as the top in-state targets in RB Donovan Edwards and OG Rocco Spindler.
Photo Credit: Kechaun Bennett/Twitter
- New Michigan Man: WR Xavier Worthy Commits to Michigan - Jul 10, 2020
- Coming to Crisler: SG Kobe Bufkin Commits to Michigan - Jul 10, 2020
- Coming to Crisler: PF Will Tschetter Commits to Michigan - Jul 6, 2020