Colorado has become a hotbed for recruiting out west and Michigan has tapped into it for multiple classes now. 2022 is no different as the staff added its first offensive line get from The Centennial State as Palmer Ridge (CO) OT Connor Jones has committed to Michigan.
Another pure Warinner prospect. Tall, long, athletic, and nasty. That is exactly what the Michigan offensive line coach has got out of his OL commitments, tackles especially. Jones has all the physical traits and that mean streak you want in a tackle though he has plenty of growing and learning before he’ll be ready for Big Ten play. He’s a high potential guy that may take a little time to develop but could end up starting multiple years in the maize and blue.
- Height: 6’7”
- Weight: 285lbs
- Hometown (School): Monument, CO (Palmer Ridge)
- Notable Offers: Northwestern, Indiana, Virginia, Oregon State
- Rankings: Rivals (3*) – 247Sports (3*, #96 OT) – ESPN (N/A)
- Composite Ranking: Three-star, #776 Overall, #78 OT, #6 in Colorado
As for the Rest of the Class
Jones is the 5th overall commitment, the first offensive line commit, and the first get out of Colorado for the 2022 class. This should be another stout offensive line haul for Michigan as the staff may see some attrition to the current depth chart. Names to watch include OT Josh Conerly, OT Jacob Allen, OL Tyler Booker, OT Fisher Anderson, OT Dayne Shor, among others.
Photo Credit: Connor Jones/Michigan Football
- 2020-21 Michigan Basketball vs Wisconsin - Jan 12, 2021
- 2020-21 Minnesota vs Michigan Basketball: Highlights - Jan 6, 2021
- 2020-21 Northwestern vs Michigan Basketball: Highlights - Jan 5, 2021