While it’s not always a guarantee, landing sibling recruits of current players is always a pretty solid bet. That looked to be the case as soon as Michigan extended an offer to the younger brother of Shea Patterson at the beginning of the summer. Thanks to another successful visit, that expectation came to fruition as 2020 San Antonio Christian (TX) TE Nick Patterson has committed to Michigan, according to multiple reports.
There isn’t much tape at all out there of Patterson. The two-time FBU Youth Football All-American looks to be a really nice hybrid tight end/h-back prospect. He’s not a huge tight end but he has a good frame and athleticism to go along with some reliable hands. He has a ways to go physically like most junior recruits but with natural maturing and time in the weight room could make him a nice pick up at an unsexy position to recruit.
Like previously mentioned, as soon as an offer was extended from the coaching staff to Patterson, an eventual commitment looked likely. Growing up in a Michigan crazed family and now having his older brother starting at quarterback for the Wolverines made this an easy decision. Add in the ability to play for Harbaugh and at a position consistently highlighted in his offenses, and Patterson committed to Michigan during an unofficial visit for his brother’s first home game at the Big House.
- Height: 6’3”
- Weight: 215lbs
- Hometown (School): San Antonio, TX (San Antonio Christian)
- Notable Offers: Dartmouth, Florida Atlantic, Nevada, Memphis
- Rankings: Rivals (3*)- 247Sports (3*, #18 TE) – ESPN (N/A)
- Composite Ranking: Three-star, #660 Overall, #20 TE, #98 in Texas
As for the Rest of the Class
Patterson is the fourth overall commitment in this class, the first tight end, and the first commitment out of Texas. This class could use multiple tight ends so look for the class to add at least one more. The top targets at this point are TE Michael Mayer, TE Lukas Ungar, and TE Mark Redman.
Photo Credit: 247Sports
- New Michigan Man: WR Cristian Dixon Commits to Michigan - Jun 25, 2020
- Coming to Crisler: F Isaiah Barnes Commits to Michigan - Jun 24, 2020
- New Michigan Man: DE Quintin Somerville Commits to Michigan - Jun 20, 2020