Updated: July 24th. Its a little weird, we have not landed a new recruit in like a week!? But with some buzzing going around and the BBQ at the Big House coming up, it should not be much longer. There are a few changes including two big ones with some of the top players in Ohio.
There are 28 players listed even though they are supposedly recruiting for only 26 spots. Zach Banner and Joshua Garnett most likely will be the last Michigan targets to decide, so if they want to go Blue, then Hoke will find some spots.
-Even though they may want a QB, I think that with the limited spaces and the amazing prospects looking to join this class, they may just try and get someone to walk on, unless someone like #1 QB prospect Gunner Kiel wants to be a Wolverine.
1)RB: 5* Brionte Dunn, 6\’1\’\’ 215lbs. Canton, OH. (GlenOak HS)
– Offered and is a O$U recruit. But with all the problems, there is a great chance (like 99.9% chance) that after they get hit with penalties, he will de-commit. Plus his cousin (2013 RB Dymonte Thomas) is said to have Michigan as his leader right now and they have said how they\’d like to play together. He will be in Ann Arbor for the BBQ at the Big House. Dunn highlights.
2)WR: 4* Aaron Burbridge, 6\’1\’\’ 180lbs. Farmington Hills, MI. (Harrison HS)
– Offered and Uncommitted. One of the best players in Michigan and in the country, he is teammates with 2 of the Michigan commits in this class (Mario Ojemudia and Devin Funchess). He will be at the BBQ at the Big House with Funchess, who knows, maybe they can sway him into committing. Burbridge highlights.
3) TE: 4* Ron Thompson, 6\’4\’\’ 215lbs. Southfield, MI (Southfield HS)
–Offered and Uncommitted. A freakish type athlete and a playmaker. Thompson has been high on Michigan for a long time now. If they can talk him into being a featured TE/WR then he could pull the trigger before its too late. Thompson highlights.
4)TE: 4* Devin Funchess, 6\’4\’\’ 205lbs. Farmington Hills, MI (Harrison HS)
– COMMITTED. Big, Playmaking tight end who has the ability to be another superstar player in the Al Borges pro style offense. Funchess highlights.
5)TE/OT: 3* AJ Williams, 6\’6\’\’ 260lbs. Cincinnati, OH. (Sycamore HS)
– COMMITTED. A huge blocking tight end who will be used more for running the ball or could be moved to offensive tackle.
6)OT/OG: 5* Kyle Kalis, 6\’5\’\’ 305lbs. Lakewood, OH. (St. Edwards HS)
– COMMITTED. After he officially de-committed from the buckeyes and is visiting Michigan he was seen to be a Michigan lean, especially with his bestfriend DE Tom Strobel already in the class. This is an amazing pick up for this class, Kalis is a mauler and road grader that has a mean streak. AMAZING pick up. Kalis highlights.
7)OT/OG: 5* Jordan Diamond, 6\’6\’\’ 290lbs. Chicago, IL. (Simeon Vocational HS)
– Offered and Uncommitted. Most recruiting sites believe that Diamond is a heavy Michigan lean, especially with his teammate as a 2011 commit and receiving so much attention from the maize and blue. With him, Magnusson and Peat, Michigan could have a potential All American O-line in 3-4 years. Diamond highlights.
8)OT: 5* Zach Banner, 6\’9\’\’ 300lbs. Lakewood, WA. (Lakes HS)
– Uncommitted and Offered. One of the biggest OT prospects and biggest overall prospects. Many thought that he would not be a likely candidate to Go Blue, but he has recently expressed how interested he is in Michigan saying \”What intrigues me about Michigan? Coach Hoke and his staff, definitely. Good history, Great, Rich history\”. Best part is, him and Joshua Garnett (below) are best best friends and nicknamed \”The Twins\”. They will be at Michigan for the ND night game and will decide in January. Could be a great Tackle/Guard combo for years at Michigan. Banner Highlights.
9)OG: 5* Joshua Garnett, 6\’5\’\’ 275lbs. Puyallup, WA. (Puyallup HS)
–Uncommitted and Offered. Another monster prospect and the other half of \”The Twins\” with Zach Banner. Another person who was seen as a LONG shot for Michigan. But look at that, Hoke has him very interested and his best friend Banner interested. They will be at Michigan for the ND night game, lets hope Hoke and company roll out the red carpet and land these beast Olineman. Garnett Highlights.
10)OT/OG: 4* Blake Bars, 6\’5\’\’ 275lbs. Nashville, TN. (Montgomery Bell Academy)
– COMMITTED. This is a great pick up for Michigan, especially since he was offered by big name programs like LSU, Penn State, Florida and many more. Also this was big because his older brother plays at Penn State and his Dad is a former ND linebacker, so Michigan was behind from the start. Bars highlights.
11)OT: 4* Erik Magnuson, 6\’6\’\’ 275lbs. Encinitas, CA (La Costa Canyon HS)
– COMMITTED. This was a huge pickup, Mags is a great offensive tackle prospect and with his size and ability he has the chance to play either right or left tackle. Magnuson highlights.
12)OT: 3* Ben Braden, 6\’7\’\’ 300lbs. Rockford, MI (Rockford HS)
– COMMITTED. More of a project pick up, Braden has the size for Hoke and his staff to try and develop him into a good depth player.
13)OG/C: 3* Caleb Stacey, 6\’4\’\’ 280lbs. Cincinnati, Ohio (Oak Hills HS)
– COMMITTED. Another good pick up, and the only legitimate interior offensive lineman in this class.
14)DT: 4* Ondre Pipkins, 6\’3\’\’ 320lbs. Kansas City, MO (Park Hill HS)
– Offered and Uncommitted. The big nose tackle that Mattison needs to plug in the middle of his D-line and disrupt the entire game and since he was first offered, it has seemed like he has been a Michigan lean. Could be at the BBQ or shortly after, so a commitment could be possible. Pipkins highlight.
15)DT: 4* Danny O\’Brien, 6\’3\’\’ 287lbs. Flint, MI. (Powers Catholic HS)
– Offered and Uncommitted. For the longest time, O\’Brien had Tennessee as his leader, but after a visit and camp at Michigan this week, he has gone on the record saying that he does not have a leader any more and the recruiting sites are saying that Michigan has put the full court press on him. Also its rumored that Michigan is only looking for one(!?!) interior defensive lineman, but with Pipkins likely announcing for Michigan first, there is no way they can turn away a talent like this. O\’Brien highlights.
16)DT/DE: 3* Matt Godin, 6\’6\’\’ 265. Novi, MI (Catholic Central HS)
– COMMITTED. Brought in to be a strongside defensive end, but he has the size and frame to put on the weight and muscle to become a disruptive DT/DE like Van Bergen. Godin highlights.
17)DE: 4* Chris Wormley, 6\’5\’\’ 250. Toledo, Ohio (Whitmer HS)
– Offered and Uncommitted. One of the top players in Ohio and easily one of the top prospects to both the Michigan coaching staff and Michigan fan base. Has that \”it\” factor be a another great Wolverine defensive lineman. Chris will be at the BBQ so a commitment watch is on! Wormley highlights.
18)DE: 4* Tom Strobel, 6\’6\’\’ 245. Mentor, Ohio (Mentor HS)
– COMMITTED. An amazing pick up, and force to be reckoned with. Strobel will be a great player under Mattison and Hoke. Strobel highlights.
19)DE: 3* Pharaoh Brown, 6\’6\’\’ 220. Lyndhurst, Ohio (Brush HS)
– COMMITTED. A project defensive end that will need to red shirt and add weight, but he could be a great rush/speed player to get after the QB. Brown highlights.
20)OLB/DE: 4* Mario Ojemudia, 6\’2\’\’ 220. Farmington Hills, MI (Harrison HS)
–COMMITTED. A perfect outside rush linebacker for Mattison to work with if he does in fact use a mix of the 34 defense along with the 43 defense. He reminds me of Baltimore LB Sergio Kindle. Ojemudia highlights.
21)OLB: 4* Kaleb Ringer, 6\’1\’\’ 225. Clayton, Ohio (Northmont HS)
–COMMITTED. Another great linebacker that has the size to be a tackling machine in college, especially with the coaching of Hoke and Company. Ringer highlights.
22)LB: 4* Joe Bolden, 6\’3\’\’ 230. Cincinnati, Ohio (Colerain HS)
–COMMITTED. Bolden is a instinctive field general that could be the leader and coach on the field. Plus he has the tools to be a great linebacker. Bolden highlights.
23)LB: 4* James Ross, 6\’1\’\’ 215. Orchard Lake, MI (St. Marys HS)
–COMMITTED. One of the best linebackers in the country and top players in the state of Michigan, which was why he was an even bigger get for the Wolverines. Could be a absolute stud and superstar. Ross highlights.
24)LB: 4* Royce Jenkins-Stone, 6\’2\’\’ 215. Detroit, MI (Cass Tech HS)
–COMMITTED. Has that ability and instincts to be a first round NFL draftee, and really leave his legacy at Michigan as one of the best linebackers to wear the winged helmet. RJS highlights.
25)CB: 4* Terry Richardson, 5\’10\’\’ 165. Detroit, MI (Cass Tech HS)
–COMMITTED. Another member of the fab freshmen class, T-Rich has the playmaking ability to change the outcome of any game. Richardson highlights.
26)CB: 3* Anthony Standifer, 6\’1\’\’ 180. Crete, IL (Crete-Monee HS)
–COMMITTED. Standifer has the chance to be a stud after most likely a red shirt year, especially with his size, play making ability and closing speed. Standifer highlights.
27)FS: 4* Jarrod Wilson, 6\’2\’\’ 190. Akron, Ohio (Buchtel HS)
– COMMITTED. Another play maker in the secondary, Wilson could have the chance to come in right away and compete for a starting job.This is a great pick up for Hoke and the Wolverines. Wilson highlights.
28)SS. 3* Allen Gant, 6\’2\’\’ 205. Sylvania, Ohio (Southview HS)
–COMMITTED. A legacy Michigan player, his father was a defensive back for the maize and blue and now his son will have a chance to follow in his footsteps. Gant highlights.
All and All. Thats the #1 Recruiting class in the nation in my mind.
- Happy 10 Year Anniversary, Me - May 25, 2021
- New Michigan Man: DT Jordan Whittley Transfers to Michigan - May 21, 2021
- Coming to Crisler: G Devante Jones Transfers to Michigan - May 1, 2021