Updated July 11th: With the Opening just coming to an end this past weekend, there has been some huge additions and information for the Maize and Blue. The big additions to this list are Zach Banner and Joshua Garnett.
If you are doing the math, that is 28 recruits. With amazing prospects like Banner and Garnett, you gotta make room for them, same with DT Aziz Shittu, WR Aaron Burbridge and WR Jordan Payton. Lets just say im putting up a BGRC of 30 players because of the great chance of attrition with all of the spread players and small/quick lineman, but the real list is the top 28 without Banner and Garnett (so 26) I just think they will find spots for them if they do choose Michigan in January.
-Even though they may want a QB, I think that with the limited spaces and the amazing prospects looking to join this class, they may just try and get someone to walk on, unless someone like #1 QB prospect Gunner Kiel wants to be a Wolverine.
1)RB: 5* Brionte Dunn, 6\’1\’\’ 215lbs. Canton, OH. (GlenOak HS)
– Offered and is a O$U recruit. But with all the problems, there is a great chance (like 99.9% chance) that after they get hit with a ton of penalties, he will decommit. Plus his cousin (2013 RB Dymonte Thomas) is said to have Michigan as his leader right now and they have said how they\’d like to play together/ Dunn highlights.
2)WR: 4* Dwayne Stanford, 6\’4\’\’ 195lbs. Cincinnati, OH. (Taft HS)
– Offered and Uncommitted. Stanford is a tall wide out that is a big time play maker with the frame to put on size, his favorite player is Michigan Alum Braylon Edwards, he\’s close friends with Michigan commit AJ Williams, and is best friends, teammates, and hopeful future teammates with 5* DE Aldolphus Washington, he is even more of a target and need. Stanford highlights.
3)TE: 4* Devin Funchess, 6\’4\’\’ 205lbs. Farmington Hills, MI (Harrison HS)
– COMMITTED. Big, Playmaking tight end who has the ability to be another superstar player in the Al Borges pro style offense. Funchess highlights.
4)TE/OT: 3* AJ Williams, 6\’6\’\’ 260lbs. Cincinnati, OH. (Sycamore HS)
– COMMITTED. A huge blocking tight end who will be used more for running the ball or could be moved to offensive tackle.
5)OT/OG: 5* Kyle Kalis, 6\’5\’\’ 305lbs. Lakewood, OH. (St. Edwards HS)
– COMMITTED. After he officially de-committed from the buckeyes and is visiting Michigan he was seen to be a Michigan lean, especially with his bestfriend DE Tom Strobel already in the class. This is an amazing pick up for this class, Kalis is a mauler and road grader that has a mean streak. AMAZING pick up. Kalis highlights.
6)OT: 5* Jordan Diamond, 6\’6\’\’ 290lbs. Chicago, IL. (Simeon Vocational HS)
– Offered and Uncommitted. Most recruiting sites believe that Diamond is a heavy Michigan lean, especially with his teammate as a 2011 commit and receiving so much attention from the maize and blue. With him, Magnusson and Peat, Michigan could have a potential All American O-line in 3-4 years. Diamond highlights.
7)OT: 5* Zach Banner, 6\’9\’\’ 300lbs. Lakewood, WA. (Lakes HS)
– Uncommitted and Offered. One of the biggest OT prospects and biggest overall prospects. Many thought that he would not be a likely candidate to Go Blue, but he has recently expressed how interested he is in Michigan saying \”What intrigues me about Michigan? Coach Hoke and his staff, definitely. Good history, Great, Rich history\”. Best part is, him and Joshua Garnett (below) are best best friends and nicknamed \”The Twins\”. They will be at Michigan for the ND night game and will decide in January. Could be a great Tackle/Guard combo for years at Michigan. Banner Highlights.
8)OG: 5* Joshua Garnett, 6\’5\’\’ 275lbs. Puyallup, WA. (Puyallup HS)
–Uncommitted and Offered. Another monster prospect and the other half of \”The Twins\” with Zach Banner. Another person who was seen as a LONG shot for Michigan. But look at that, Hoke has him very interested and his best friend Banner interested. They will be at Michigan for the ND night game, lets hope Hoke and company roll out the red carpet and land these beast Olineman. Garnett Highlights.
9)OT/OG: 4* Blake Bars, 6\’5\’\’ 275lbs. Nashville, TN. (Montgomery Bell Academy)
– COMMITTED. This is a great pick up for Michigan, especially since he was offered by big name programs like LSU, Penn State, Florida and many more. Also this was big because his older brother plays at Penn State and his Dad is a former ND linebacker, so Michigan was behind from the start. Bars highlights.
10)OT: 4* Erik Magnuson, 6\’6\’\’ 275lbs. Encinitas, CA (La Costa Canyon HS)
– COMMITTED. This was a huge pickup, Mags is a great offensive tackle prospect and with his size and ability he has the chance to play either right or left tackle. Magnuson highlights.
11)OT: 3* Ben Braden, 6\’7\’\’ 300lbs. Rockford, MI (Rockford HS)
– COMMITTED. More of a project pick up, Braden has the size for Hoke and his staff to try and develop him into a good depth player.
12)OG/C: 3* Caleb Stacey, 6\’4\’\’ 280lbs. Cincinnati, Ohio (Oak Hills HS)
– COMMITTED. Another good pick up, and the only legitimate interior offensive lineman in this class.
13)DT: 4* Ondre Pipkins, 6\’3\’\’ 320lbs. Kansas City, MO (Park Hill HS)
– Offered and Uncommitted. The big nose tackle that Mattison needs to plug in the middle of his D-line and disrupt the entire game and since he was first offered, it has seemed like he has been a Michigan lean. Pipkins highlight.
14)DT: 4* Danny O\’Brien, 6\’3\’\’ 287lbs. Flint, MI. (Powers Catholic HS)
– Offered and Uncommitted. For the longest time, O\’Brien had Tennessee as his leader, but after a visit and camp at Michigan this week, he has gone on the record saying that he does not have a leader any more and the recruiting sites are saying that Michigan has put the full court press on him. Also its rumored that Michigan is only looking for one(!?!) interior defensive lineman, but with Pipkins likely announcing for Michigan first, there is no way they can turn away a talent like this. O\’Brien highlights.
15)DT/DE: 3* Matt Godin, 6\’6\’\’ 265. Novi, MI (Catholic Central HS)
– COMMITTED. Brought in to be a strongside defensive end, but he has the size and frame to put on the weight and muscle to become a disruptive DT/DE like Van Bergen. Godin highlights.
16)DE: 4* Chris Wormley, 6\’5\’\’ 250. Toledo, Ohio (Whitmer HS)
– Offered and Uncommitted. One of the top players in Ohio and easily one of the top prospects to both the Michigan coaching staff and Michigan fan base. Has that \”it\” factor be a another great Wolverine defensive lineman.UPDATE: Wormley will be at Michigan this weekend, we\’re on Commitment watch! Wormley highlights.
17)DE: 5* Aldophus Washington, 6\’6\’\’ 240. Cincinnati, OH. (Taft HS)
– Offered and Uncommitted. Seemed to be a lock for OSU, but thanks to tatgate, Michigan may be one of the favorites to land the top prospect in Ohio. If Michigan can get the commitment of his teammate and best friend WR Dwayne Stanford, then it should be a near lock to land Aldophus. Either way, Michigan looks like a great bet to get Washington, especially with Kalis on board now. Washington highlight.
18)DE: 4* Tom Strobel, 6\’6\’\’ 245. Mentor, Ohio (Mentor HS)
– COMMITTED. An amazing pick up, and force to be reckoned with. Strobel will be a great player under Mattison and Hoke. Strobel highlights.
19)DE: 3* Pharaoh Brown, 6\’6\’\’ 220. Lyndhurst, Ohio (Brush HS)
– COMMITTED. A project defensive end that will need to red shirt and add weight, but he could be a great rush/speed player to get after the QB. Brown highlights.
20)OLB: 4* Mario Ojemudia, 6\’2\’\’ 220. Farmington Hills, MI (Harrison HS)
–COMMITTED. A perfect outside rush linebacker for Mattison to work with if he does in fact use a mix of the 34 defense along with the 43 defense. He reminds me of Baltimore LB Sergio Kindle. Ojemudia highlights.
21)OLB: 4* Kaleb Ringer, 6\’1\’\’ 225. Clayton, Ohio (Northmont HS)
–COMMITTED. Another great linebacker that has the size to be a tackling machine in college, especially with the coaching of Hoke and Company. Ringer highlights.
22)LB: 4* Joe Bolden, 6\’3\’\’ 230. Cincinnati, Ohio (Colerain HS)
–COMMITTED. Bolden is a instinctive field general that could be the leader and coach on the field. Plus he has the tools to be a great linebacker. Bolden highlights.
23)LB: 4* James Ross, 6\’1\’\’ 215. Orchard Lake, MI (St. Marys HS)
–COMMITTED. One of the best linebackers in the country and top players in the state of Michigan, which was why he was an even bigger get for the Wolverines. Could be a absolute stud and superstar. Ross highlights.
24)LB: 4* Royce Jenkins-Stone, 6\’2\’\’ 215. Detroit, MI (Cass Tech HS)
–COMMITTED. Has that ability and instincts to be a first round NFL draftee, and really leave his legacy at Michigan as one of the best linebackers to wear the winged helmet. RJS highlights.
25)CB: 4* Terry Richardson, 5\’10\’\’ 165. Detroit, MI (Cass Tech HS)
–COMMITTED. Another member of the fab freshmen class, T-Rich has the playmaking ability to change the outcome of any game. Richardson highlights.
26)CB: 3* Anthony Standifer, 6\’1\’\’ 180. Crete, IL (Crete-Monee HS)
–COMMITTED. Standifer has the chance to be a stud after most likely a red shirt year, especially with his size, play making ability and closing speed. Standifer highlights.
27)FS: 4* Jarrod Wilson, 6\’2\’\’ 190. Akron, Ohio (Buchtel HS)
– COMMITTED. Another play maker in the secondary, Wilson could have the chance to come in right away and compete for a starting job.This is a great pick up for Hoke and the Wolverines. Wilson highlights.
28)SS. 3* Allen Gant, 6\’2\’\’ 205. Sylvania, Ohio (Southview HS)
–COMMITTED. A legacy Michigan player, his father was a defensive back for the maize and blue and now his son will have a chance to follow in his footsteps. Gant highlights.
All and All. Thats the #1 Recruiting class in the nation in my mind.