As the last home game of the 2016 season, Michigan was expected to host a nice group of recruiting visitors for official visitors. And the staff did not disappoint. The Wolverines will host several top 2017 and 2018 recruiting targets that could very well end up signing with Michigan in the future.
Check out which recruits are expected to visit Michigan for the Indiana game:
Wilson is the big fish on campus this weekend. As one of the best overall prospects in the class, he’s been a priority target for the staff for the majority of the cycle. And it looks like it’ll all pay off soon for the Michigan staff. Wilson is rumored to be heavily favoring UM going into this official visit and I believe this trip will solidify things heading into the final months.
First reported by TMI’s Sam Webb, the Oregon commit will make his way to Ann Arbor for the first time this weekend. And he’s the visitor I’ll be watching closest. I put in my Crystal Ball for Reitmaier to Michigan after 247Sports’ Steve Wiltfong broke news of his father making his way to UM prior to this weekend ($). Add in the Ducks struggles on the field, the scorching hot seat under Mark Helfrich and the defensive line spots running short, I could see Reitmaier jump at the opportunity to play in the Wolverines defense sooner rather than later.
FB Tory Carter
Carter is another elsewhere committed recruit that is making a long awaited official visit to Michigan this weekend. He’s currently committed to LSU but that looks to be wavering a bit after the Les Miles firing and uncertainty of the Tigers program. Add in Michigan looking for a pure fullback in this class and Carter is a player I’ll be paying close attention to throughout his trip.
CB Elijah Hicks
First reported by Wolverine247’s Steve Lorenz, the Notre Dame commit will be making his way to Ann Arbor this weekend for his official visit ($). While it’s good to get a talented player, like Hicks, on campus and expand the recruiting board, I’m not too optimistic about Michigan’s chances to flip him from the Fighting Irish.
- WR Brad Hawkins
- According to multiple reports, the 2016 signee and JUCO standout will make an official visit to Michigan this weekend. He’s expected to join the Wolverines after his year getting his schoolwork together.
- CB Benjamin St-Juste
- LB/FB Ben Mason
- DE Luiji Vilain
- RB Kurt Taylor
- OLB Otis Reese
- OL Emil Ekiyor
- OL Trey Hill
- Per Wolverine247’s Steve Lorenz ($). Top 100 recruit.
- TE Will Mallory
- Per multiple reports. Legacy recruit who Michigan is in fantastic shape to land.
- TE Zack Sheffer
- Per Wolverine247’s Steve Lorenz ($). One of the best tight ends in the class and a name to remember.
- LB Christopher Oats
- Per Wolverine247’s Steve Lorenz ($). Four star linebacker out of Ohio.
Photo Credit: Isaiah Wilson/Scout.com
- 2020 Michigan vs Minnesota: Takeaways & Highlights - Oct 26, 2020
- 2020 Michigan vs Minnesota Preview: Four Things to Watch - Oct 23, 2020
- Fish’s 2020 Michigan Football Season Prediction - Oct 22, 2020