Did you hear that gun shot? That was the official end of the dead period and start of the craziness. National Signing Day is just a couple weeks away and hundreds of college coaches are putting their best foot forward to land their most coveted recruits. Out of the masses, the UM coaches are making their ways around the country to see top targets but will return this weekend for a big recruiting weekend which looks likely to see some fireworks.
Check out who is expected to visit Ann Arbor this weekend:
- OT Devery Hamilton
- According to Wolverine247, Hamilton makes another trip to Ann Arbor but this time on the school’s tab. This should just be a fun trip for him and his family, though I’d expect Devery to do a little recruiting while he has the chance.
- OG Michael Onwenu
- Like Hamilton, Onwenu will make another trip to Michigan but this time on the staff’s bill (per Wolverine247). Though his won’t be as big since he’s just a short drive away, he’ll get to enjoy being wined and dined by the staff yet again. As for his recruiting, that’s liking going on back home with the top Detroit targets.
- S Josh Metellus
- According to The Michigan Insider’s Sam Webb, Metellus and teammate Devin Gil will be taking his official visit to Michigan this weekend. Look for him and his high school teammates to work with their future teammates to help land a commitment or three.
- OLB/S Devin Gil
- See above.
- TE Chase Allen
- Allen let me know last week that his official was locked in for this weekend and it is one I’ll watch closely. He’s definitely high on Michigan and with that 2nd tight end spot available, all signs point to him grabbing it while on campus.
- ATH Khaleke Hudson
- According to The Michigan Insider’s Brice Marich, Hudson will make his first trip to Ann Arbor. And he is another top target to watch closely. UM looks to have made up a ton of ground since offering him at the start of November and could take a commanding lead this weekend with a successful visit. I wouldn’t rule out a commitment though he may wait until after his Penn State visit next week to make a final decision.
- DT Michael Dwumfour
- The Penn State commit tweeted out his plans to visit Michigan this weekend and is another name to watch. He’s been longtime friends with DT Rashan Gary and if the staff offers him and can flip him from PSU they may increase their chances with the nation’s #1 recruit. Question is, is this that “secret visitor” that Sam Webb mentioned at the Under Armour All-American game?
- OL Jake Raulerson
- Raulerson is a grad transfer from Texas that hasn’t hid his affinity for Michigan since planning this visit. Like the other official visitors, I really like UM’s odds to land him. It’s unknown if he’d end his transfer process this weekend but it doesn’t look to be out of the question.
- K Quinn Nordin
- According to The Michigan Insider’s Sam Webb, Nordin will follow up his slumber party with Jim Harbaugh with his 150th trip to Ann Arbor this weekend. Thanks to the lengths that Harbaugh is going for the nation’s top kicking prospect, it would shock me to see him not end up in this class. Will it happen this weekend? Possibly though it’s hard to know for sure since he’s look destined to choose UM on several other visits this fall.
Photo Credit: Chase Allen