Michigan is coming off a big out-of-state visitors weekend and are expecting a very big recruiting weekend for the spring game on April 4th. But sandwiched between is this week/weekend, which will feature several top 2016 in-state targets and a very important QB transfer, including:
- Rumors have been running rampant about Iowa transfer Jake Rudock possibly transferring to Michigan and it looks like that may be true as Fox Sports’ Bruce Feldman has confirmed that Rudock will visit Ann Arbor this weekend.
- According to Scout’s Allen Trieu and Rivals’ Josh Helmholdt, Plymouth (MI) OT Michael Jordan and Saline (MI) QB Josh Jackson (son of former running backs coach Fred Jackson) will visit Tuesday.
- Wolverine247’s Steve Wiltfong also is reporting that some of Jackson’s teammates will be visiting as well.
- Trieu is also reporting that the staff will host Canton (MI) OLB Jalen Cochran this weekend, who I touched on as a “name to watch” last month. But that won’t be his only visit this week, Steve Wiltfong was told Cochran will also be on campus Thursday.
- As for Detroit prospects, according to Wiltfong, King (MI) WR Donnie Corley will visit on Tuesday and Cass Tech (MI) OG Michael Onwenu will visit on Saturday.
- There’s a possibility more players will visit as well, including teammates from King and Cass Tech.
Three of the five targets (Onwenu, Corley and Jordan) hold offers, but I could also see Cochran and Jackson landing offers later on in the cycle.
Either way, this week will be a busy one for the Michigan coaching staff. While I’m not predicting any commitments until the spring game, these visits should go a long way since it will be the first time for the targets to see the coaches in action.
- Inside the Fish Bowl is Turning Lemons into Lemonade - Nov 23, 2020
- 2020 Michigan vs Rutgers: Takeaways and Highlights - Nov 22, 2020
- 2020 Michigan vs Rutgers: Four Things to Watch - Nov 20, 2020