While the basketball team is hosting several big time prospects in the 2016, 2017 and 2018 class, the Wolverine football staff will also be hosting some top in-state targets for the 2016 and 2017 class for the Michigan-Ohio State basketball game. Those names include:
MLB Tim Walton, 6\’1\’\’ 225lbs. Detroit, MI (Cass Tech)
– Walton is a name to definitely watch moving forward. He has the size and physicality that Harbaugh and staff loves at the linebacker position and though he has yet to land an offer, he will likely gain plenty of steam after the summer.
DE/OLB Corey Malone-Hatcher, 6’3” 235lbs. Saint Joseph, MI (St. Joseph HS)
– One of the top players in the state, midwest and nation, CMH is a big, physical, versatile defender that is extremely high on Michigan and high on the staff\’s 2017 recruiting board. He\’s visited Ann Arbor before and, while it would be a bit of a shock, I wouldn\’t be completely surprised to see him become the first member and leader of the class.
LB Josh Ross, 6’1\” 194lbs. West Bloomfield, MI (St. Mary’s HS)
– Josh is the younger brother of current Wolverine linebacker James Ross III and is another guy very high on Michigan and on the staff\’s board. He is a talented backer that has been on the radar since his freshmen year. Though there are rumors of him possibly looking to build his own legacy away from his older brother, I believe he\’ll end up in the Maize and Blue after the new staff shows him how big of a target he is to them.
– Brand is a big, strong, quick interior lineman that may be undersized now but will likely continue to grow and rise up the staff\’s board. He\’s definitely a name to keep an eye on moving forward as the staff will need to build up the defensive tackle position in the 2017 class and Brand may be the best in the state.
QB/FS Rodney Hall, 6\’3\’\’ 192lbs. Detroit, MI (Cass Tech)
– Hall is an under the radar name that will gain more steam after his junior season. He plays both quarterback and free safety for the Technicians and has the frame to be a very good player at either position in college. Another name to keep an eye on moving forward.
RB Tim Cheatham, 5\’6\’\’ 182lbs. Detroit, MI (Cass Tech)
– Cheatham may be undersized at the moment but he could possibly be the next big thing at running back for Cass Tech. Watch out for him moving forward.
OLB/RB Taron Young, 6\’0\’\’ 228lbs. Detroit, MI (Cass Tech)
– Another Technician tailback that will likely become a well-known name on the recruiting trail after this summer.