For the 3rd weekend in a row, Michigan will host a good amount of official visitors that are committed to other schools. While the other weekends have been successful in terms of leaving a mark on the recruits and even landing some commitments, this final weekend before National Signing Day is vital to filling out the final spots of a smaller 2015 recruiting class.
Check out who will be in attendance:
UPDATE: RB Titus Booker has cancelled his trip.
OL Jon Runyan Jr, 6\’4\’\’ 276lbs. Philadelphia, PA (St. Joseph\’s)
– Runyan is the lone commit that will be officially visiting this weekend and should be a good recruiter to have behind the scenes for the staff. He has been as solid as can be to Michigan since the day he committed thanks to his affinity for the program while growing up in the same household as former All-B1G offensive lineman and Wolverine, Jon Runyan. There aren\’t many recruits that can share what it\’s like to love Michigan quite like Junior.
Michigan\’s Chances: COMMITTED
DB Jarius Adams, 5\’11\’\’ 180lbs. Palm Beach Gardens, FL (Dwyer)
– The current Rutgers commit is making his way to Ann Arbor for the first time after receiving his offer from DJ Durkin on January 15th. With the need at defensive back and his affinity for the Wolverines (called it his \”dream school\”), the flip is a very realistic possibility for Adams. He will likely make a final decision after returning home but I wouldn\’t be surprised to see him pull the trigger before he leaves on Sunday.
Status: Committed to Rutgers
Michigan\’s Chances: Excellent
WR Van Jefferson, 6\’2\’\’ 183lbs. Brentwood, TN (Ravenwood)
– The former Georgia commit and current Ole Miss commit just so happens to be from Detroit and started off his high school career at Orchard Lake St. Mary\’s. But that isn\’t his only tie to the state, his father used to be the Lions receivers coach as well. So, the ties are strong. Will his interest in returning to the state be the same? From what people are saying, Michigan has a good chance at flipping the #11 WR in the country. Since landing his offer yesterday, several analysts have put in their prediction for the Maize and Blue. However, even with the ties to the state, it will be tough to flip him since he just committed to the Rebels last weekend.
Status: Committed to Ole Miss
Michigan\’s Chances: Good
WR Deontay Burnett, 6\’1\’\’ 166lbs. Gardena, CA (Junipero Serra)
– Burnett\’s name had been floating around for awhile as a possible offer from the staff and, finally, it came true. He was offered yesterday and scheduled a visit right away. While he\’s been committed to Washington State and their pass happy offense since July, the visit to Michigan is one to watch. The staff needs some downfield threats and that is exactly what Burnett is. He has the speed to take the top off a defense and make big catches. The staff is looking for the flip but expect him to wait until after talking it over at home before making a final decision.
Status: Committed to Washington State
Michigan\’s Chances: Good
- 2020-21 Michigan Basketball vs Wisconsin - Jan 12, 2021
- 2020-21 Minnesota vs Michigan Basketball: Highlights - Jan 6, 2021
- 2020-21 Northwestern vs Michigan Basketball: Highlights - Jan 5, 2021