Before getting into the latest news and rumors in the word of Michigan recruiting, I just wanted to give a big shout out to the Michigan softball and baseball programs for their Big Ten tournament championships and trips to the College World Series!
While Michigan is owning the diamonds, Harbaugh is looking to bring some diamonds to Ann Arbor himself. And it looks like he has himself his newest piece to the puzzle…..
Shhhh, There’s a Silent Commit
According to TMI’s Sam Webb, Michigan has it’s first silent commit of the Harbaugh era ($).
“I’ve learned of one four-star 2016 silent commitment that was not mentioned among the June visitors or June commit possibilities.”
While silent commits, or verbal commitments in general, are more of a placeholder than anything, this news has the Michigan boards going crazy with guesses on who the player could be.
There are several options here and with the craziness that’s expected this June, it makes sense for this recruit to grab a spot before it’s (possibly) gone.
As for my guess, i’ll go with the crowd favorite in OG Terrance Davis.
Visits = Commitments?
While I believe Michigan may have their 2nd offensive line commit, I also believe they’re going to add several names to the commitment board over the next month, possibly starting today with another big ugly:
2016 New Jersey OL Will Fries is visiting Michigan tomorrow. Wolverines could have a big year in New Jersey.
— Tom VanHaaren (@TomVH) May 25, 2015
If Fries doesn’t pull the trigger, the next commitment may come on/soon after May 30th, thanks to the list of recruits expected to be on campus, including:
- 2016 WR Donald Stewart
- 2016 OL Ben Bredeson
- 2016 DE Auston Robertson and 2016 WR Austin Mack (via 247’s Steve Lorenz)
- 2016 ATH Kiante Enis (via 247’s Steve Wiltfong)
- 2017 QB Dylan McCaffrey
While it would be a shock to see any of those visitors not named Stewart pull the trigger, Michigan could end up landing any of those targets in the near future with Bredeson, Robertson and Mack making their decisions very soon. Though, the staff has a lot of ground to make up on all three.
The Michigan staff has several other big time visitors expected over the next month, including:
- The In-State Great 8 crew (June 2nd)
- DE Xavier Kelly (June 11th)
- WR Steven Smothers (June 13th)
- LB Devin Bush Jr (June 14th)
- S Devin Gil (June 14th)
- LB Jonathan Jones (June 17th)
My bold prediction (Cheers!):
- Stewart and McCaffrey commit during/soon after the May 30th visit (Enis is a legit option too)
- Ross and Hall commit during the June 2nd visit
- Kelly commits during his June 11th visit
- Jones commits during his June 17th visit
Alright, that’s enough Maize and Blue Kool Aid for me!
2017 Name to Keep an Eye On: RB Mike Epstein
- Coming to Crisler: G Devante Jones Transfers to Michigan - May 1, 2021
- New Michigan Man: WR Tyler Morris Commits to Michigan - Apr 20, 2021
- Michigan Takes Care of Texas Southern, Moves onto 2nd Round - Mar 20, 2021