The 2016 recruiting class is starting to fill up pretty quickly and that pace doesn’t look to slow down anytime soon as the staff has been working their tails off this summer. The satellite camps are a huge hit with everyone, except the SEC, and the staff has extended a couple offers and have already landed three commitments from camp participants.
Longhorn State Love?
2016 LB Dontavious Jackson is one of, if not, the most wanted recruits in the class for the staff and fans. And according to Jackson, Michigan has been on their ‘A’ game throughout his recruitment (per 247’s Brian Perroni):
While he hasn’t announced a leader, listening to him talk about the Wolverines staff and the opportunity he’d have at Michigan, you have to think he has Michigan at least near the top of his list.
As for a new name on the radar, 2016 Gibsonton (FL) CB KJ Sails was one of the best performers at the USF/Michigan satellite camp. He showed his toughness and confidence while locking up almost every single receiver he faced. And the staff took notice. While an offer has yet to be extended, he told Scout’s Corey Bender that if one came his way, “they’d definitely be on top of the list” ($).
Baylor decommit and now Houston commit DT Jordan Elliott made his way to the Houston satellite camp on Monday to show the Michigan coaching staff some love as they’ve made a real impression on the talented big man
2016 4-star Houston (Tex.) Westside DE Jordan Elliott (a Houston committ) says he will be taking an official visit to #Michigan
— Sam Webb (@SamWebb77) June 8, 2015
He spoke with Webb further and let him know that his planned official visit is mainly due to Michigan turning up the heat and making him a priority after pledging to his hometown Cougars ($):
“(Choosing to commit to Houston now) really showed me who really wants me,” said Elliott. “There are about four or five schools that came after me even harder after my commitment.”
As for another wanted defensive tackle out of the Longhorn state, Michigan looks to be in fantastic shape with the #1 DT in 2017 (according to 247Sports), Episcopal’s Marvin Wilson. He spoke with Wolverine247’s Steve Lorenz about his interest in the Wolverines and why he has them in his top group($):
“If I had a top five, Michigan is going to be in it. I’m just looking to surround myself with a staff and program that can help me develop.”
Wilson is an elite defensive tackle that will be a very tough pull out of Texas. However, Michigan has done a great job so far selling him on getting out and coming up north to develop into an even better prospect. So, make sure to keep an eye on him moving forward.
Looking into the Future
2016 RB Matt Falcon
And 2016 RB Kingston Davis
2016 WR Ahmir Mitchell
2016 TE Naseir Upshur
— Pop (@NaseirUpshur) June 8, 2015
2016 OG Terrance Davis
Top Targets in 2017
- According to Wolverine247’s Steve Lorenz, the #1 tight end in 2017, Cy-Fair (TX) TE Brock Wright will make his way to Ann Arbor for an unofficial visit later this month ($). And with the offense Harbaugh will be running, I have a feeling Michigan could really jump up his list after the visit.
- Staying with the #1 player theme, 2017 QB Shawn Robinson participated in the Dallas satellite camp and worked directly with Jim Harbaugh. He also spoke with Steve Lorenz afterwards and said Harbaugh “is a quarterback genius” ($).
- The Wolverines’ Tim Sullivan spoke with 2017 OT Wyatt Davis, who recently received his offer from Michigan. He let it known that it was the offer he wanted most and he shows why in the video as he raves about the entire program ($).
- Happy 10 Year Anniversary, Me - May 25, 2021
- New Michigan Man: DT Jordan Whittley Transfers to Michigan - May 21, 2021
- Coming to Crisler: G Devante Jones Transfers to Michigan - May 1, 2021