Before getting started, please do what you can to help out Scout’s national director of recruiting Brandon Huffman and his little girl, Avery. If you are unfamiliar with the story, follow the link on the tweet to see how you can help.
— Brandon Huffman (@BrandonHuffman) July 2, 2015
On to Michigan recruiting….
Michigan may have found one of it’s next commitments as St. Edward (OH) DB Tony Butler has decommitted from Pitt just 12 days before his much anticipated visit to Ann Arbor on July 15th.
I would like to thank the Pitt family for everything but I will be starting from scratch and reopening my recruitment.
— TONY BUTLER (@TonyKnows2) July 3, 2015
The Opening of the Elite 11
As for a current commitment, Avon (IN) QB Brandon Peters is participating in the top high school quarterback competition in the country this week before The Opening Finals. And while he’s hoping to show out, he also has a plan to do some recruiting while among the nation’s elite:
— Tom VanHaaren (@TomVH) July 5, 2015
Speaking of Imhotep (PA) TE Naseir Upshur has two visits planned this month before making his decision on August 8th:
Fsu visit 14-16 Alabama visit 17
— Pop (@NaseirUpshur) July 5, 2015
These are potentially big time visits as most believe that Florida State and Alabama are two of the biggest competitors to lure in ‘Pop’. It’ll make his decision much more interesting but I still believe he’s all Maize and Blue when he makes his decision.
- Trinity (TX) DT Chris Daniels will make a return trip to the state he played his freshmen year in as he told TheMichiganInsider’s Sam Webb he plans on visiting in two weeks ($).
- South Caldwell (NC) OT Landon Dickerson told Rivals’ Adam Friedman that he will officially visit Michigan on September 12th for the home opener against Oregon State ($).
- Riverdale Baptist (MD) CB Sir Patrick Scott landed an offer from Michigan two weeks ago and told me it was a “huge” offer and he was “definitely considering” a visit. Well, he wasn’t lying as he told Scout’s Brian Dohn that he is planning on visiting Ann Arbor on “August 1st or 2nd” ($), likely for the Barbecue at the Big House.
Lookin’ Good for 2017
- Camden (NJ) C Cesar Ruiz is teammates with two 2016 Wolverine commitments in WR Brad Hawkins and DE Ron Johnson, and recently landed an offer from Michigan during his trip to campus. After returning home, he raved about his trip, Jim Harbaugh and Michigan to Brian Dohn ($)
- St Thomas Aquinas (FL) WR Josh Palmer landed an offer from the Wolverines last month and quickly set up a trip to Ann Arbor. That visit took place on June 20th for the ExposureU camp and went so well that he told Scout’s Josh Newkirk that he is “feeling Michigan the most” ($). While he doesn’t have a ton of offers, he’s expected to be one of the biggest risers in Florida this fall. So make sure to keep an eye on him moving forward.
- Recently Offered Murfreesboro (TN) WR/S Jacoby Stevens told Scout’s Brice Marich that he plans on visiting Michigan for a game this fall ($).
- Oxon Hill (MD) C Stefan Touani tweeted out his interest in visiting Michigan.
Quick Basketball Update
Michigan is looking for two more 2016 commitments, with former commit SG Tyus Battle and top in-state PG Cassius Winston as the top targets. However, with the good possibility of missing on at least one, they have extended their net and look to have a shot at one of the top players in the class in PG Quentin Goodin:
ESPN 100 guard Quentin Goodin tells me his final five has changed: Michigan is back in the mix, Louisville is out.
— Jeff Borzello (@jeffborzello) July 3, 2015
Winston is the top PG target but look for the staff to continue to make Goodin at top target to make sure they’re covered, unlike they were when Battle decommitted.
- Happy 10 Year Anniversary, Me - May 25, 2021
- New Michigan Man: DT Jordan Whittley Transfers to Michigan - May 21, 2021
- Coming to Crisler: G Devante Jones Transfers to Michigan - May 1, 2021