While most recruiting fans are anxiously waiting for the spring game and what fireworks the event brings, the weekend before may have been an even bigger recruiting weekend. The coaching staff hosted well over 20 recruits while CBS Sports’ Tom Lemming also attracted tons of in-state players for his annual photo shoot. So, how’d it go?
Here are reactions from some of the top targets that were on campus this past weekend:
DE Rashan Gary
– The #1 player in 2016 was the weekend visitor that everyone was waiting to hear about, and from all reports, he had a very good time on his first trip to Ann Arbor. And yes, his former coach at Paramus Catholic, Chris Patridge was a big reason why.
According to Wolverine247’s Steve Lorenz, the visit went so well that he’s heard that the Wolverines “currently lead for his services” ($).
In an interview with Rivals’ Adam Friedman, Gary compared the visit to his trip to Columbus the day before and gushed about the coaching staff and Michigan’s academic system for athletes ($). The Wolverine’s Tim Sullivan also mentioned on The Daily Edition podcast that he liked the Michigan visit more than his trip to OSU on Friday.
To round out the news on Gary’s visit, Go Blue Wolverine’s Sam Webb spoke with people on hand during his visit and with the person closest to him, his mother. From what he gathered, Rashan connected with the coaches and really enjoyed the visit ($). There are also possible plans to visit again this summer, but with his mom this time.
– The talented, 6’7” pass catching tight end would be a perfect fit in Harbaugh’s offense and the staff wanted him to know that when he visited during the week. He spoke with 247Sports’ Steve Wiltfong about his “great visit”, which included sitting in on a class and both Harbaugh’s selling him on their need for tight ends ($).
DE Josh King
– King is one of the most physically impressive recruits in the class and happened to be very high on Michigan early on in the process. However, with the poor season and coaching change, he looked destined to end up elsewhere. But thanks to the new staff changing up everything, they look to be a legit contender once again. In his interview with Wiltfong, he spoke very highly of Harbaugh and the possibility he’d have to play under an NFL level coaching staff ($).
– Mitchell was another member of the New Jersey group visiting Ann Arbor for the first time. And according to Lorenz, Michigan may have made the biggest impact on the talented wide receiver ($). He told Lorenz that the Wolverines moved “way up” his list, which is big news since he included Michigan in his top 6 earlier in the month before even visiting. On Twitter, he was gushing about the visit to Ann Arbor and said it he was “loving it up here”.
2017 DL Corey Bolds
– Bolds is a talented, raw defensive lineman out of Paramus Catholic and was surprised with an offer on his first visit to Michigan. He seemed very excited when I was messaging with him and looked to be having a great time from the pictures. It’s very early but I think the Wolverines may be his leader after the offer and visit. Landing him would definitely help Michigan’s causes with the other PC targets, Rashan Gary and 2017 LB Drew Singleton.
2017 S Isaiah Pryor
– Pryor was another 2017 recruit on campus holding an offer and even though his trip was short, he liked it so much that he is planning a return trip for the spring game (per Lorenz), and he’s bring his family this time. In his interview with Go Blue Wolverine’s Sam Webb, he talked about how much he liked the visit and even said Michigan is “high on my list” ($). Add in him wanting to make an early decision, things are looking very good for the Wolverines here.
- 2020-21 Michigan Basketball vs Oakland: Game Highlights - Dec 2, 2020
- 2020 Penn State vs Michigan: Takeaways & Highlights - Dec 1, 2020
- 2020 Penn State vs Michigan: Four Things to Watch - Nov 27, 2020