Thanks to the size and importance of The Opening, the event has quickly become a favorite among recruits as the time to announce their decision. And there happens to be several Michigan targets expected to be announcing their commitments throughout this week at the 2016 camp.
Here are where my 247Sports Crystal Ball predictions are on each Michigan target announcing:
OT Kai-Leon Herbert to Michigan
- I feel more and more confident here that it will be the Wolverines for Herbert when he decides this morning.
S Grant Delpit to LSU
- About 99% sure this will be the Tigers.
OT Andrew Thomas to Georgia
- Another near lock here. Thomas to the Dawgs.
OL Robert Hainsey to Notre Dame
- Hainsey looked likely to end up at Michigan State but the last visit to South Bend looks to have put the Fighting Irish out front.
TE Matt Dotson to Michigan State
- Penn State had my Crystal Ball for awhile but it looks like MSU has pulled out front prior to his decision.
OL Jordan Reid to Michigan State
- Michigan likely could have had Reid if they pushed hard for him. However, they filled up on offensive lineman and now MSU looks like they will beat out former favorite, Florida, for the Cass Tech standout.
ATH CJ Holmes to Notre Dame
- Holmes has built up the suspense by saying Notre Dame isn’t in his top 4 but I, like most, believe it’s to draw up excitement. Still fully believe it’ll be the Fighting Irish.
Where do you think the Michigan targets at The Opening 2016 will be committing this week? Let us know in the comment section below!
Photo Credit: USA Today Sports
- Happy 10 Year Anniversary, Me - May 25, 2021
- New Michigan Man: DT Jordan Whittley Transfers to Michigan - May 21, 2021
- Coming to Crisler: G Devante Jones Transfers to Michigan - May 1, 2021