Juwan Howard and the Michigan basketball coaching staff are on a recruiting roll and added their third commit to the class in three weeks as 2021 Grand Rapids Catholic (MI) SG Kobe Bufkin has committed to Michigan.
Well-rounded, left-handed two guard that is a standout on both ends of the court. Quick hands and quickness on defense and the ability to score off the dribble or as a catch-and-shooter. Uses his length and good athleticism to score at the rack even though he’s not the tallest guard in the world. Solid handles and vision will give him the chance to run as a combo guard when necessary. May take a year or two to really find his groove but he’s another high ceiling prospect for Juwan Howard and the staff to work with.
- Height: 6’4”
- Weight: 175lbs
- Hometown (School): Grand Rapids, MI (Grand Rapids Christian)
- Notable Offers: Michigan State, Depaul, Missouri, Northwestern
- Rankings: Rivals (4*, #61 overall) – 247Sports (3*, #134 overall) – ESPN (4*, #62 overall)
- Composite Ranking: Four-star, #78 Overall, #15 SG, #3 in Michigan
As for the Rest of the Class
Bufkin is the 3rd overall commitment, the first true shooting guard, and the first in-state commit. The staff is planning on bringing in a pretty big class in 2021 and has their sights set on some big fish to finish the class with. Names to watch include G Jalen Warley, C Charles Bediako, C Efton Reid, as well as PG Angelo Brizzi
Photo Credit: Neil Blake/MLive
- Inside the Fish Bowl Softens the Blow - Aug 9, 2020
- 2021 Best Guess Recruiting Class: Third Time’s the Charm - Aug 3, 2020
- Michigan Sends Out Official Offers to 2021 Commits & Targets - Aug 2, 2020