Juwan Howard’s first recruiting class continues to grow and add valuable pieces. And he just added yet another commit, one that he knows pretty well as his son, 2020 University School (FL) SF Jace Howard has officially committed to Michigan.
Glue guy, bulldog, defensive standout. That’s who Jace Howard is on the basketball court. He’s a guy every good team needs. But he’s more than just a role player. Howard has good size and could be still growing a bit. Like his father, he’s not the most explosive athlete in the world but he makes up for it with being a smooth, smart technician with a killer mid-range jumper. He’s a guy I see developing a ton over his four years in Ann Arbor and becoming a multi-year starter.
- Height: 6’7”
- Weight: 210lbs
- Hometown (School): Miami, FL (University School)
- Notable Offers: Dayton, San Diego State, Saint Louis, Northern Illinois
- Rankings: Rivals (3*) – 247Sports (3*, #250 overall) – ESPN (N/A)
- Composite Ranking: Three-Star, #183 Overall, #34 SF, #18 in Florida
As for the Rest of the Class
Howard is the 5th overall commitment, the first small forward, and the first get out of Florida. With him on board, Michigan is already over the scholarship limit but is still expected to bring in at least one more player in this class.
The main name to watch is five-star SG Josh Christopher, who is reportedly favoring the Wolverines. The other is another super recruit, five-star PF Greg Brown, who looks likely to end up elsewhere but we’ve all seen how recruitments can change once wanted recruits make it to campus. Brown will officially visit Michigan on February 7th.
Christopher is expected to take his time before making a decision so if Michigan blows Brown away on his visit, things could get even more interesting. However, I’m still expecting to see JC be the final member of the Super Six (?).
Photo Credit: Eric Delgado/Jon Lopez / Nike
Latest posts by Garrett Fishaw (see all)
- Michigan Recruiting Targets in the New 2021 Rivals250 - Feb 15, 2020
- 2021 Michigan Recruiting Preview: 21 Names to Know in ’21 - Feb 13, 2020
- Thoughts on Michigan’s 2020 Football Recruiting Class - Feb 5, 2020