After once being up against the scholarship limit, Juwan Howard found himself with room to spare following missed 2020 recruits and several transfers. So adding transfers was likely and the staff quickly made the move on one of the top names on the market as Purdue G Nojel Eastern announced his commitment to Michigan.
Eastern is a stud on the defensive end of the floor. With 102 games played and 62 starts in his career, he’s an experienced combo guard that can handle the rock or come off screens. Not much of a shooter but can score in the paint thanks to his size and length. While you shouldn’t expect many attempts from the perimeter, look for a playmaker with athleticism and good vision. A guy that’ll be all over the highlight reel thanks to his high flying dunks but will make the biggest impact with his versatility on the defensive end of the floor.
Expected to sit out the upcoming season as a non-grad transfer, he’ll be a good bet to start in 2021-22, which should be a young roster. It’ll be a good time to have an experienced, defensive standout to help lead the way.
- Height: 6’7”
- Weight: 225lbs
- Hometown (School): Evanston, IL (Purdue)
- 2019-20 Stats: 4.9 PPG, 4.0 RPG, 2.7 AST, 42.0 FG%
Photo Credit: Nojel Eastern/Twitter
- New Michigan Man: RB Tavierre Dunlap Commits to Michigan - Sep 12, 2020
- New Michigan Man: 2022 LB Tyler Martin Commits to Michigan - Sep 11, 2020
- Inside the Fish Bowl is Looking at the Options - Sep 1, 2020