Juwan Howard has been searching for his point guard in the 2021 class and he has found him in the form of a top 60 prospect as Coronado (NV) PG Frankie Collins has committed to Michigan.
Collins is a playmaking point guard that shows good handles, good range, good vision, and the explosiveness to finish at the rack. He can stop and accelerate quickly, making him a tough guard for anyone on the court. Crazy good athlete that should have some highlight-reel dunks on his resume by the time he leaves Ann Arbor. He still needs to improve his shooting consistency but expect him to contribute early and often, especially with the look of the future point guard depth chart.
- Height: 6’1”
- Weight: 180lbs
- Hometown (School): Henderson, NV (Coronado)
- Notable Offers: Auburn, Kansas, Georgetown, Oklahoma
- Rankings: Rivals (4*, #69 overall) – 247Sports (4*, #78 overall) – ESPN (4*, #42 overall)
- Composite Ranking: Four-star, #57 Overall, #9 PG, #4 in Nevada
As for the Rest of the Class
Collins is the 4th overall commitment, the first point guard, and the first get out of Nevada. Michigan will now swing for the fences to close out this class. Five-star C Efton Reid, five-star SF Harrison Ingram and five-star SG Trevor Keels, as well as SF Brandon Weston look to be atop the staff’s wish list. Two spots look to be remaining, barring unforeseen attrition.
Photo Credit: ABeckett/MarshallCountyDaily
- 2020 Penn State vs Michigan: Four Things to Watch - Nov 27, 2020
- 2020-21 Michigan Basketball vs Bowling Green: Game Highlights - Nov 26, 2020
- Inside the Fish Bowl is Turning Lemons into Lemonade - Nov 23, 2020