If it works, try it again. After what Mike Smith brought to the program, Juwan Howard got himself “first time 95% of fans heard of that name” small school stud scoring point guard to transfer to town for their final season. This time it’s Sun Belt player of the year and Coastal Carolina junior G Devante Jones who’s transferring to Michigan.
Watching his 2020-21 highlights, the first thing I thought of was Chauncey Billups. Not the three-point shooter of Billups but the playing style, using his frame to score in and around the paint, not a ton of explosion, beating defenders more with craftiness, smarts, and quickness. Like Mike Smith, Jones will likely take a step back from being the premier scorer on the floor and become more of a playmaking guard that will create a dynamic duo alongside Eli Brooks as both players are combo guards that excel on both ends of the court.
- Height: 6’1”
- Weight: 200lbs
- Class: Junior*
- Hometown (School): New Orleans, LA (Coastal Carolina)
- 2019 Stats (Sun Belt POY):
- 19.3 PPG – 7.2 RPG – 2.9 APG – 2.8 SPG – 48.7% FG% – 36.8% 3PG%
Photo Credit: Coastal Carolina Athletics
- Coming to Crisler: G Devante Jones Transfers to Michigan - May 1, 2021
- New Michigan Man: WR Tyler Morris Commits to Michigan - Apr 20, 2021
- Michigan Takes Care of Texas Southern, Moves onto 2nd Round - Mar 20, 2021