After a disappointing finish to the 2020 class, Juwan Howard has a good start to his 2021 class after going back to Chicago to land the commitment of fast-rising River Forest (IL) F Isaiah Barnes.
Great size and frame for a wing player that could grow into a bit of a positionless player. Hard worker that is bursting onto the recruiting scene following his junior season. Has good but not elite explosion when finishing at the rim, showing the easy ability to throw it down. Dominates the high school level as a bigger, better athlete. Has a nice jumper, can knock down mid-rangers all day and flashes from behind the arc. With his game just starting to hit another level, he’s a high ceiling guy that should continue to rise in the rankings and could make an early impact in Ann Arbor.
- Height: 6’6”
- Weight: 180lbs
- Hometown (School): Oak Park, IL (River Forest)
- Notable Offers: Kansas, Maryland, Georgia, Illinois, Wisconsin
- Rankings: Rivals (4*, #112 overall) – 247Sports (4*, #85 overall) – ESPN (4*, #37 SG)
- Composite Ranking: Four-star, #95 Overall, #21 SF, #5 in Illinois
As for the Rest of the Class
Barnes is the first commitment for Juwan Howard in 2021 but just the start of what should be a pretty large class. The staff has been pushing for several prospects among the top 100 including C Charles Bediako, G Jalen Warley, F Harrison Ingram and G Trevor Keels. Other names to keep a close eye on include PG Angelo Brizzi and PF Will Tschetter.
Photo Credit: Isaiah Barnes/Twitter
- 2020 Michigan vs Rutgers: Takeaways and Highlights - Nov 22, 2020
- 2020 Michigan vs Rutgers: Four Things to Watch - Nov 20, 2020
- 2020 Wisconsin vs Michigan: Four Takeaways & Highlights - Nov 17, 2020