When Juwan Howard was hired as the Michigan basketball head coach, the uptick in big man development and high end recruiting was expected. Well, after less than half a season, he’s showing just why as his big men are playing well and he just added one of the top big men in the 2020 class as DeMatha Catholic (MD) C Hunter Dickinson has committed to Michigan.
Dickinson is a big, physically imposing center that fits today’s game well. He not only can dominate in the paint on the glass and with some raw interior moves but he has some decent ball-handling skills and a mid-range to three-point range jumper that will remind Michigan fans a lot of Jon Teske. He should be a force on the inside and pick and pop threat from the outside. He’s a really nice big man prospect that needs to continue to add strength and low post moves but should only continue to improve as he works one-on-one with Juwan Howard.
- Height: 7’2”
- Weight: 255lbs
- Hometown (School): Hyattsville, MD (DeMatha Catholic)
- Notable Offers: Duke, Louisville, Notre Dame, North Carolina
- Rankings: Rivals (4*, #38 overall)- 247Sports (4*, #37 overall) – ESPN (4*, #35 overall)
- Composite Ranking: Four-star, #34 Overall, #6 Center, #2 in Maryland
As for the Rest of the Class
Dickinson is the 3rd member of the 2020 class, joining four-star CG Zeb Jackson and five-star F Isaiah Todd. With his addition, the staff will look to end the class with a bang off the wing with five-star SG Josh Christopher being the pipe dream, four-star F Terrance Williams looking more and more likely, and Juwan Howard’s son and three-star SF Jace Howard looking like just a matter of time.
Photo Credit: USA Basketball
- Michigan Takes Care of Texas Southern, Moves onto 2nd Round - Mar 20, 2021
- Michigan Receives Expected #1 Seed in 2021 NCAA Tournament - Mar 14, 2021
- New Michigan Man: WR Tay’shawn Trent Commits to Michigan - Mar 3, 2021