After a nice win vs Oregon State, Michigan has rinsed the taste of losing out of their mouth and moves on to week three. As Jay-Z would say, “on to the next one”. And the next one is UNLV, who brings in an experienced head coach in Tony Sanchez (coached Bishop Gorman high school last year) and a young team that looks to be the easiest test on the schedule.
But before the game on Saturday, Michigan had a couple questions to answer involving the depth chart and the health of several top names, including CB Jourdan Lewis who appeared to suffer a concussion vs OSU.
Michigan's depth chart vs. UNLV pic.twitter.com/BoxlQf5AQG
— Rachel Lenzi (@RLenziBlade) September 14, 2015
With the official release of the depth chart on Monday, here are some things to note:
- True freshmen Grant Newsome is now the backup at left tackle with the dismissal of Logan Tuley-Tillman
- TE Khalid Hill may be close to returning from injury as he’s now listed as a backup behind Jake Butt
- WR Freddy Canteen is now the 2nd WR behind Jehu Chesson and ahead of Grant Perry
- Wilton Speight is now the 3rd string QB by himself while Alex Malzone is no longer listed.
- Drake Johnson is now listed as a backup running back along with Ty Isaac and Derrick Green.
Defense and Special Teams
- Everything is the same as last week but Jourdan Lewis is questionable to play
The biggest question surrounding this week is whether or not Lewis is cleared to play. To make sure you’re one of the first to know, make sure to sign up for the MGoFish newsletter at the top on the right side bar. We’ll have it for you as soon as it’s reported.
- Happy 10 Year Anniversary, Me - May 25, 2021
- New Michigan Man: DT Jordan Whittley Transfers to Michigan - May 21, 2021
- Coming to Crisler: G Devante Jones Transfers to Michigan - May 1, 2021