With the latest addition to Michigan’s 2016 recruiting class, Cedar Creek (NJ) WR Ahmir Mitchell, the staff has themselves 23 commitments and somewhere between 5-7 spots available. And with so many top targets on the board and high on the Wolverines, the main question to ask is, who will be the next to join the class?
Now, I don’t believe another addition is likely for at least a couple weeks but here are the top options to be the next commitments in the class:
Upshur is the next recruit to make his decision (on Tuesday, September 1st) but all signs point to him choosing Florida State. Though a source close to the situation hasn’t heard exactly what his plans are and said that most of the FSU stuff is actually coming from Michigan people. Either way, he should remain a top target for the staff until National Signing Day.
OLB Carlo Kemp
Kemp will officially visit Michigan on September 26th for the BYU game and it looks like a commitment is very possible. He left his first visit to Ann Arbor extremely high on the Wolverines, and according to a source close to the situation, he is likely to join the class. Keep a close eye on him during his OV.
Young is a bit of a wild card pick as he has yet to even set up his official visits and, according to 247Sports, is planning on deciding in December ($). With Michigan and Alabama as his top two, he may have to make a decision sooner then he planned if he wants a spot in either class, and the Wolverines look to be the favorite. If he makes it to campus earlier in the season for his official, I wouldn’t rule out a quick decision.
CB Lavert Hill
From all accounts and reports, Hill is more than likely to flip his commitment from Big Ten East foe, Penn State, and Michigan looks to be the team most likely to land him. He visited Ann Arbor again for the BBQ earlier in the month and with his brother starting to become a top player for the defense in 2015, it looks like that flip could happen sooner than later.
Corley is the biggest stretch on the list as he looked like a lock to end up at Michigan State at the beginning of the summer. However, after hearing about him possibly taking multiple “secret visits” to Ann Arbor this summer and that the Wolverines were the team that talked him out of committing to the Spartans at The Opening in July, I like where UofM stands. If the momentum continues and the team gets off to a hot start, anything could happen. Especially with only 1-2 receiver spots remaining and three very possible options (Young, Corley and Dylan Crawford).
- LB Devin Bush Jr
- Has been on #CommitWatch for quite awhile now. It could happen at any time but odds are he takes his official visits first.
- OL Landon Dickerson
- Officially visits on September 12th. The staff will have to wow him to keep him up north.
- CB Lamar Jackson
- Is very high on Michigan and will officially visit on October 17th. A great visit could mean a commitment.
- WR Dylan Crawford
- A bit of a reach but with the recent report from Wolverine247’s Steve Lorenz on Michigan’s high interest ($), I believe an early to mid season official visit could equal a commitment (depending on spots available).
- OG Terrance Davis
- Has been favoring the Wolverines for months, and while he’s not a sure thing anymore, his official on November 28th could seal the deal.
- LB Jonathan Jones
- Another guy who’s favored Michigan for awhile now but is holding off on a decision. If a spot is still available when he officially visits on November 28th, a commitment seems likely.
- Happy 10 Year Anniversary, Me - May 25, 2021
- New Michigan Man: DT Jordan Whittley Transfers to Michigan - May 21, 2021
- Coming to Crisler: G Devante Jones Transfers to Michigan - May 1, 2021