With just a week to go before National Signing Day 2015, things are really starting to heat up on the recruiting trail with the Michigan coaching staff trying to round out the 2015 class. While the rumors and hot takes are running wild, I have put together 5 BOLD predictions for NSD:
Iman Marshall and Chris Clark choose Michigan
- The two 5 star targets on the board will be making their announcements on NSD and Michigan is in the top two for both. While Clark looks much more likely, there\’s a chance Marshall shocks the recruiting world and chooses the Wolverines over the Trojans.
Auden Tate holds off signing to visit Michigan again
- Tate grew up a huge fan of the Wolverines and used his official visit to Ann Arbor this fall. While he\’s still committed to FSU, he has met with Harbaugh and is rumored to want to visit again before making a final decision. With not very much time left and him having to pay his own way, I\’m boldly predicting he holds off until after NSD to sign so he can get up to AA one last time.
Mike Weber and Roquan Smith sign elsewhere
- Weber is the top RB on the board and is being targeted by the entire staff. While Harbaugh is doing his best to get him on campus and flip him, it is a very tough task since Weber\’s heart seems to be with the Wolverines but his head may be with the Buckeyes. At the end of the day, it is likely that he signs with Ohio State.
- Smith became one of the top defensive targets for the new staff once Durkin took over the defense and his visit to Ann Arbor helped solidify the Wolverines near the top of his list. Though Michigan made a very strong push and could possibly land him, odds are he signs with his hometown Georgia Bulldogs.
Michigan signs 15
- While there have been tons of rumors about who Michigan will land, there are several rumors about how many recruits they will sign. Technically, there are 15 scholarships available but there\’s a chance more spots open up thanks to graduation or transfer. But even if more spots become available, it looks like those could be saved for graduate transfers or 2016.
Michigan lands two 2016 commits
- The decommitment of QB Messiah deWeaver may have made this prediction even more possible. Harbaugh is looking for an elite quarterback to lead this class and five star QB KJ Costello, who is very high on Michigan, looks to be the most likely possibility. If he can get him to take lead of the class on NSD 2015, there\’s a real shot at four star WR Dylan Crawford joining him. However, they may wait until after their (probable) visit in late February to make a decision.
While these bold predictions are possible, they are not the most likely. Stay tuned for my final Team 136 Best Guess Recruiting Class on January 3rd to see how I believe the class will end up.
- 2020 Michigan Football Season Preview: Five Defensive Breakout Candidates - Oct 19, 2020
- 2020 Michigan Football Season Preview: Bold Predictions - Oct 18, 2020
- New Michigan Man: LB Branden Jennings Commits to Michigan - Oct 16, 2020